All That We Knew.

Lucas POV.

"Welll... Unfortunately for you, you're so profoundly dense when it comes to reading a room that you picked the absolute worst way to do what you did" Kenji announced carelessly. I stopped tossing the ball in the air as the reality fumed before me, feeling my left eye twitch in annoyance at his remarkable ability to inform me of the fucking obvious.

I eyed him warily, feeling my lips thin. His head popped up and he put his hands up feigning innocence. The sun was beaming fiercely as we laid sprawled out on the field. The prickly grass uncomfortable but so familiar I hardly minded it. The heat was infallible, etching it's way onto my skin. I groaned and pulled myself up, flicking my hair out my face. It's grown so much longer and somehow I never found the time to keep up with it anymore.

Closing my eyes. Heaving a breathe. Like a image bursting through a nightmare I recalled his exact expression. The fear that daunted his always soft features. Feeling my face contort into one of annoyance I decided to change the subject that plagued my mind and very dreams. Standing abruptly and tossing the ball to the side. I gathered my helmet and jersey I'd removed previously. Making my way to the locker room, the cool air embracing me like I'd long been lost. I sighed again, not only was I being avoided. He'd completely stop coming to school, I vaguely remember my agitation when his friend told he'd been huddled in his room refusing to leave.

I knew that I'd successfully ruined my own life yet I wasn't as angry I presumed I'd be. Rather I was regretful. Regret that I didn't cherish the small time with him as precious as it was I neglected him for mere practice, family occurrences. I felt like I'd let the very purpose of my existence slip through my fingers yet I was the only one to blame. Naive to believe that such a spectrum would even be considerable. I'd heaved enough sighs for the souls of the miserable to invoke a mantra of their own. I'd felt the a rigid shiver course through my very being. The heat that bound me to this world faded with a dull coolness that felt foreign, plagued by a uncertainty.

I shook off the feeling and opened my locker shoving all of items disregarding the mess I'd simultaneously made and slammed it shut. Harder than I'd expected, sighing I rested my head against the cool metal. The silence was oddly docile; the persistent voices in my head diluted to nothing but a faint whisper. My heart was beating fiercely. Like a vivid dream, his face reappeared before me. My mind exaggerating the disgust in his face by a lump sum. I turned around and opened my eyes. The darkness was steadily haunting me. How could I have been so dumb? So careless? I could feel the rage begging to consume me. I had no one to be mad at, all that rested in my mind was the insatiable urge to just go to him.

Somewhat of a melody played in my vulnerability, his soft skin poking small holes in my composure. Those wanton whimpers soothing my spiraling resolve. I'd felt a groan leave my lips. Clenching my fist, I turned abruptly. Grabbing my keys off the bench and making a straight line to my car. What was I doing.. where did I plan to go.. his lips trembling under my own; the flashbacks are not helping Lucas. I sat in my car putting my key down and breathed in deeply. Calm down. You can't go to him even if you wanted to. So now what?

Fucking shit.. this sucked. I started my car deciding to just go home. None of this was solving anything yet it was all I could do. I needed desperately to get away. When I closed my eyes, his fear awoke my own. Those eyes once filled to the brim with innocence were now bleeding through my own, seething with fear, potent, wildly discerning if I were to say the least. Yet when I was awake, all I can think about is how sweet, how utterly unsullible. His eyes boring into my own, hesitant yet curious.

The ride home was a ponderous one as I pulled into the same leaden road that led to my home. I rested my head back as I pulled into the driveway, admiring my work. The world was oddly silent today. I closed eyes, as if on cue the images flashed like thunder rolling against a dark sky. I sighed, I needed to close my eyes so bad and so I welcome it. I felt it before I seen it. Placing the car in park. I exited the vehicle , feeling the cool breeze whisk among my pants sending the fabric flapping in the wind.

The grass had grown quite an extraordinary amount due to pure negligence. The silence was too calm, enough to raise every hair on my body. Walking across the field that accompanied my home. The grass scuttling beneath my feet. I walked until parallel upon a massive oak tree, shadowing the field. Casting it in a dark blanket, entering a sea of trees, greenery and violently overgrown moss beyond the entrance deeper into woods the silence was eerie. A pin could be dropped and would echo for miles.

I raised my chin, as I assumed. I wasn't alone.

" Go ahead and come out" I'd felt the breathe of wind and spun my body around, pushing myself half way across from my previous position where a wolf now stands. His claws in position to have came down on me. I raised a brow curiously. This wasn't serious.

"You aren't serious , are you?" I voiced. my expression unimpressed. He chuckled, shrugging his shoulders. I eyed him curiously, his clothes were rather normal so I know for a fact he lived amongst the humans as own of them so what was he doing. What tree was he trying to bark up right now? I smirked. I have a broken heart right now, I'd highly doubt he wanted to get into this with me right now.

You know.. considering the circumstances.

Though it wouldn't hurt to blow off some steam.

" I didn't expect the son of all A demon and a werewolf to be any slower than that, now did I" the smug look on his face made my own hinder slightly. Curiously I grinned. That was an interesting introduction. As shocked as I was, I was more determined to hold my composure and mask in indifference, though I am intrigued.

"Someone's did their research but..you're missing the bigger picture." I chimed,my eyes never leaving his. His eyebrows furrowed in distaste. That dumb look on his face diminished into one of disgust.

"We know all about you, a plague to humanity. Why would something from Hell be living amongst the parcels of this world? " I couldn't help it. I felt the side of my mouth, twist into a smile. I laughed dryly. He didn't know anything about me. Which is why he doesn't know how big of a mistake it was to approach me alone.

Not even the song from a bird could be heard. My eyes watched him warily as he rushed towards me, the bloodlust like a feverish haze. I watched his mouth bend and lose shape before long cast of white appeared; soaked in his own blood from the intrusion. It seemed as if time was moving rather slow. I could feel the heat gnawing at my skin, running rampant through my very being. As his hand rose to strike me, I felt my own engulf into a pit of flames, my skin was seething In a horrid pain. The heat was insatiable, rushing through my shirt, burning at the thin idle fabric. My arm extended, grabbing his throat, and applying enough pressure to feel my knuckles crack. I felt his skin beneath the heat. Prickling away, his scream of pure agony, infiltrated my ears.

Gathering my strength I threw him into a tree that sat an unbothered distance, the wind that escaped the force of my throw blew the flames of hellfire off my hand, only for it be reignited. The ghastly sound of the tree breaking in half as his body hurdled into it at tremendous speed shaking the ground beneath us.

I felt strangely welcomed this sweltering blaze as I walked towards him. Slowly closing the distance between us. I could hear his desperate coughs.

Graysons face popped up in my head causing me to stop mid step. My eyes felt like they were on fire. I could feel my canines pushing at my gums eager to protrude. Even though my hands were only but a second ago ablaze the hair from my wolf side didn't burn, only darkened in color and hardened, now it sat; sort of brittle. I lifted my head towards the sky; not a cloud in sight. Sighing, as my conscious calmed. The flames had completely diminished to yet a empty smoke.

"Next time, tell whoever sent you... send more, " His eyes widened, bewildered.

"Leave now, while I'm being nice" I muttered, before turning my back to walk away. I spared him. But why?

It's almost as if I could hear him telling me to stop. I could feel his soft skin against my own, urging me to be calm. Closing my eyes, then opening them , looking at my palms. Covered in small blisters from the wood.

When would will I ever be able to bring myself before him?

Nevertheless the less, who was that Wolf and who was he referring to when he said 'We'.

Just what was he trying to accomplish here? I felt rather strange but decided to not dwell on such tedious things. Making my way back through the onslaught of greenery and back through the field.