Pregame

Lucas Point Of View

I groaned as the vibrations from my phone going off on the table startled me awake but soon I felt a nerve strike pulling it off the nightstand to answer. Now I was getting irritated, why don't people fucking listen? I already knew who would even think about calling me at such an ungodly hour and the thought alone repulsed me beyond reasonable measures.

"Dude stop fucking calling me," I snarled, pressing the end call just as fast as I accepted then blocking the eighteenth different phone number she's called me from, scrunching my face up in annoyance I sighed.

This was getting hectic, thankfully she hasn't been at school, which could be bad. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it but I know who I wanted. Who I, without a doubt wanted and needed, and she was in no way going to stop me.

I want to feel sympathy seeing as we came to the school as a couple but maybe if she wasn't so insane I could be cordial but she's a lunatic plus if I felt sad for her then that would make me human.

Truth be told when I set eyes on Grayson it was over for anyone else. I didn't expect to find my reason to live so soon, I smiled to myself.

Though it's been months I can't see why she's still calling me. Sighing, I looked up drowning out all my senses and clearing my head of any thoughts of her, instead of filling them to the brink with him. My heartbeat was hazed yet distant. Faint, I felt my other half prying at the edge of my existent, eager, raging for dominance; urging of a chance to take the prior.

My eyes fell to the mirror, a taunting dark gaze looking back at me, it was 6 am. I shook my head thinking that she had the nerve to call me at this time. My mind trailed off to the cliff not even a couple of miles from my house and decided I needed to get out of here.

I sat up in bed, scratching my head; now I couldn't sleep. Looking down at my hands, I felt the urge before it even sensed my weariness; I'm used to the burning sensation but it's been so long I've almost forgotten. I sighed, focusing my mind to precision, my nails deformed before me, the movement hurt enough to clench my fist only speeding up the process, the blood trickled down my fingers. I paid this no mind; This phenomenon was still an amazement to me though beast existing, in reality, is a formality to me. It's still a bit uncommon to be one and able to conceal to my extent. I got off the bed faster than I'd usually do, feeling energy pulsing through my veins.

Looking up into the rather large mirror I have to cover one wall of the room, I bit my tongue, readying myself for the realignment. Wincing as my jaw dislocated allowing room for bigger teeth. The hair on my fingers protruding more obviously, stained in blood. I could feel the razor-sharp teeth protruding, piercing my tongue gently enough to not break the skin.

Looking back at myself, my mind wandering off to a certain blue-eyed beauty. I caught myself smirking in the mirror and froze. No... that's would be a bad idea right now, I mentally told myself. His smile came into my head, the warmth dancing across my entire body. Pulling my shirt off, admiring my entirety before I stretched. I probably needed to run for a bit, I made my way to my windows, pushing the two doors open. I could feel the cool breeze through my hair.

A thrilling smile tugged at my lips as I peered at the 10ft drop in excitement, with one swift movement I pushed myself off, diving off I felt my body twist in the air the velocity made my attention wander but not enough from the pain of my shoulders entering into themselves. I clenched my teeth suppressing a growl but to no avail it was loud enough to shake the maze of trees below.

I stood taking in the scenery, greenery that went on for miles. The weight of my body bringing up the dirt around me, the birds shuffled amongst themselves, the winds felt like ice as I moved between it. navigating myself through the maze of forest.