Code name: Missione

Start from the beginning

•Mariano Salvatore•

"Where are you from?" I asked her as we were sitting down at one of the exterior tables.

"Everywhere but my father is Arab and my mother is British if that's what you mean," Abra replied looking at her watermelon gelato.

"I'm Italian," I said with a proud smile on my face.

"I know you are," she replied "you fit the stereotype."

I gasped "I do not."

"Yes you do," she gazed up at me and giggled "you're impossibly handsome and dress perfectly."

I smiled softly looking down at Napoleon who was sitting on my left thigh "Do you think I'm handsome, Napoleon?"

My nephew giggled "Cock."

My eyes widened and I looked up to Abra embarrassed but she burst into laughter "I live for this kid," she looked at Napoleon "is that all daddy teaches you?"

Napoleon laughed "Papa!" He looked around for Apollo, I suppose.

"He's talking to you," Abra smiled.

"Nope," I shook my head "he is my nephew but these two sleeping beauties are indeed mine," I said as I looked into the stroller to make sure both baby girls were still asleep.

"Awwe," she leaned over the table to look at my babies "what are their names?"

"Serafina," I pointed at her "and Viola is the one on the back," I smiled "they're my little bundles of joy."

"You and your wife made some beautiful babies," she sat looked at me with a smile.

I cleared my throat "Ex-wife," I took my wedding band off, I don't know why I use it "she left us."

"Oh," she frowned "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," I cleared my throat and watched Napoleon exit the gelato place with Vino "I've been told I'm better off without her and now I realize I don't need her," I looked at my babies "I just need them."

"You're really brave," she said.

I smiled softly as I gazed at her "I'm really trying."

"My dad was away for a long time because his family is really conservative," she said looking down at her gelato "he spent over 8 years trying to convince his father that my mother and I were worthy."

"Worthy?" I tilted my head.

She cleared her throat "There are five men dressed in civilian clothes with caps on the left corner, they must be drinking coffee," exactly what she described was happening "my father is a sheik."

"Woah, how's that?"

"You know, the money is great but he doesn't like my mom and I visiting him because he doesn't want us mixed in his culture; says I'm way too liberal for it, he wants to protect me."

"He loves you," I smiled softly remembering my father "you're lucky to have him."

"I know but I need him, I want him by my side and I haven't been able to see him in five years," Abra seemed very upset "I'm sorry," she sniffled and then stood up "I should go—"