I had_____."

  "Fuck." He said under his breath as he scanned the crowd with his mind. AJ and her group her here and close so stay ready for anything.

 Paisley stiffened but instead of looking around, she did as he'd already instructed her, and she put her head down and moved closer to him.

  Has Mack said anything to you yet?

  No. She hasn't tried since finding out about me.

  If she knew about everything, if she knew about what they are planning, would she help us?

  We can't count on anyone helping us.

  She disagreed. Just like he had changed because of his new life, she believed others could have as well, but he wasn't willing to chance it.

 As far as Paisley was concerned, he'd trust no one.

  She's searching for me and there's not a damn thing I can do about it.

  That was his thought, but that didn't stop him from trying. The closest people to them all took a step closer to them. Everyone in AJ's group would only see a blurred image when they looked this way but that wouldn't work against a prophet.

 If we all work together, I think we could_____.

  Use it as a last option. Get ready, here we go.

  The four of them came together and took their place. They had barely taken their seats before they were letting everyone know of their displeasure.

  They didn't bother talking and just let their thoughts heard loud and clear and all at once.

  To Paisley it would be too much to understand so he blocked all but one of them from her. 

  We should be an army by now and we are barely more than a group still trying to figure out what we are. This puts us behind lifetimes.

  Our Adams are missing. We cannot even fathom how this is possible and we won't a full evaluation right away.

  Let them step forward.

  Paisley didn't know why he stiffened next to her, but she ducked farther into his shoulder just the same.

  He didn't have to hear AJ to know she was informing them of everything she knew. The four presidents consistent murmur went silent.

  When they assumed talking, it was among themselves and escalated rapidly. Jay deciphered their ramblings for key elements.

 Why would they not come forward?

  They've been compromised.

  This is unacceptable. How could our mission be such an utterly, grossly mess?

  Nothing that can't be fixed, and we have plenty time on our hands. The most important thing is that we get it right.

  We need more jumpers among them. Awaken some immediately. How is our progress on stabilizing the planet's resources?

  They were unhappy with the answer.

  We need our Adams found right away. Who better to fix this than the ones who finalized the order of the sequences in the first place?

  My question remains, why would they not step forward? You, step forward and bring forth any who can confirm what you say.

  Even as her group moved forward, he was erasing what he looked like from their memories. He hated to do so on Mack, but he was left no choice.

  None of them knew what he was, except for what AJ told them.

  As they were questioned, he felt the crowd being poked and probed. Someone was searching for someone who didn't belong.

  He could hold off one, even two or three but when a dozen jumpers stepped forward, he knew he was fighting a losing battle.

  Do you want us to step forward? His brothers questioned in his head.

  It would just be prolonging the same outcome. Stay hidden. If things turn south get out of here.

  We will be unable to leave you and your commands do not work on us.

  As long as you do nothing stupid then they don't know what you look like. Keep it that way.

  Have you ever known us to do something stupid? Talon asked.

  I'm insulted. Talon, should I be insulted?

  Jay let them discuss that, and he squeezed Paisley's hand. When she looked up at him, he kissed her softly. Ready, baby?

  I'm ready and if these people don't stop upsetting you, then they will be choking on my fist.

  Seeing his smirk, she smiled and stood on her tippy toes so she could kiss him.