"Hello Bruce. It's great to see you," said Jeremiah.

"Heya Brucie. Long time no see," said Clarissa, and Bruce's eyes flickered to her, then back to Jeremiah.

"Where are the bombs, Jeremiah?"

"Closer, please."

Bruce looked over at Clarissa again, and sadness flickered across his face.

"We can't strangle you right now, Brucie. It's ok," she said, and the high pitch was gone for a second. Bruce noticed the change, that she had sounded normal for a moment. A perfect ploy. 

Bruce stepped forward.

"Closer," said Jeremiah. "Tell me, how is the young lady doing?"

It was silent, and Jeremiah smiled before going on.

"You know why we're destined to be best friends, Bruce?" Because we're very much alike, the three of us. You are as I used to be, as Clarissa used to be, at war with our true nature. You must truly embrace it if you ever want to be free. We're just trying to help you."

Bruce scowled and stalked forwards.

"Trying to help me? By torturing Alfred? By trying to destroy Gotham? By shooting Selina? You think we're alike because there is a darkness inside us. The difference is, I know how to control mine."

Jeremiah tilted his head, considering.

"I think you could be so strong."

"I see it," added Clarissa.

"He sees it too," said Jeremiah softly, and confusion clouded Bruce's face.

"He?"

Jeremiah only winked in reply, and Clarissa laughed.

"Very clever Brucie, yes, he."

Bruce paused for a moment, as though listening to something and then asked in a monotone. "Where are the other bombs?"

"What bombs?"

Jeremiah rolled his head to look at a camera in the corner, Clarissa's eyes followed him.  They were being watched.

"The bombs you planted around the city. You blew up the mayor."

"Ah. That bomb. Yes, that was the only one, but it did what it had to you. It got you here."

"You said he," said Bruce, taking another step forward. He was so close, that if Clarissa had a free hand she'd throw him to the floor and stamp on his face. "Who do you mean?"

Jeremiah replied smoothly. "The one who opened up our eyes, who gave darling Clarissa a beautiful new form, new life...the one who showed us that everything we have done was not to create a Gotham of our own, but yours. The Gotham you need. Your dark island, and it will come to be Bruce.  Tonight."

Clarissa tried to hide the shock on her face. Where did Jeremiah come up with all these ideas? Was Mr Al Ghul a true mentor, or was he beginning to cloud Jeremiah's creativity? Bruce walked up close until he was so close to Jeremiah Clarissa wanted to scream.

"Tell me his name."

Clarissa acted and began to giggle. Both Bruce and Jeremiah turned to look at her. She spoke, and felt her cracked lips tear, blood seeping down her chin. She licked it up as she mocked Bruce in a casual tone, the high pitch back as naturally as if she's always spoken that way. 

"What did the doctor say? Will the little bitch ever walk again? Did we sever her vertebrae?"

Jeremiah caught on and added, "I was hoping for the lumbar."

Bruce lunged, grabbing Jeremiah's throat.

"Tell me his name!" he spat, his voice raw from crying and smoke from the bomb.

"But you already know his name. You're his heir."

Bruce stumbled backwards, the name slipping from his lips.

"Ras Al Ghul. No, it can't be."

The lights flickered and Jeremiah said "Shh."

The power died, and Clarissa laughed.

"Gemme out, Mr J!"

"I will try, darling. Let's see how they handle this!"

Chains clattered, and Jeremiah pulled Clarissa free of her binding. She grabbed a knife off one guard and stabbed him, before rushing to the other to do the same. She let the knife fall from her hands, took Jeremiah's hand, and followed him out the door through the shadows.