Beauty and the Psycho

"My, my,'' said Jeremiah quietly, his hands taking Clarissa's as he looked into her face. She smiled brightly, her brown eyes like pools of chocolate in her pale, bleached face. Ra's Al Ghul turned to look at her and reached out a hand.

"A pleasure to see you reborn, Miss Halliwell."

She took his hand and shook it.

"It's good to see ya, Mr Ghul."

Jeremiah looked between Clarissa and Ra's Al Ghul, his eyes wide. Had they known each other previously? He doubted it, based on where Clarissa had spent her time, with his failure of a brother. 

"So, what're we working on?" Clarissa asked, leaning over Jeremiah's shoulder to peer at the map. He held her back slightly, speaking quietly.

"I planned to give Bruce a little gift. Take him out of action for a while."

"Can I kill Selina?"

A smile crossed Jeremiah's face.

"Actually, you may."

''Why?''

Jeremiah chuckled, taking Clarissa hand as he lead her from the room, Mr Al Ghul standing quietly behind them as he studied Jeremiah's map. 

"I believe we owe Bruce a little visit. And of course, if you would like to say a little hello to Selina Kyle I won't object."

Clarissa laughed and leant into Jeremiah's shoulder, unaware of the thoughts racing in his head. To him, she looked insane, like a vengeful ghost from a circus. In a way Clarissa was. She was merely a ghost of who she had been to Jerome, after all. 

------

''Where are we going?'' Clarissa asked, staring up at the huge mansion before her. Somewhere inside, Bruce was with his insufferable girlfriend, and Alfred, the butler. Clarissa had never had anything to do with Alfred, but he had been around. Tall and imposing with callused knuckles. It was clear he had seen his fair share of violence. 

"Come,'' said Jeremiah, slipping a small pistol into his jacket as he passed a second to Clarissa. She wrapped her fingers around it, then adjusted the strands of hair that had fallen into her face. Jeremiah opened the door to Wayne Manor and held it open for Clarissa, who didn't hesitate to stroll casually inside. She'd spent a total of a few days here, but Clarissa knew the Manor well enough. The dining room was the most likely place to start. The door was through a side passage and they wouldn't draw attention to themselves. 

''Jeremiah?" 

He glanced at her, smiling. 

"It's quite alright. I have all manner of back up plans. And we have Ecco to call on if need be."

Ecco. Clarissa scowled and Jeremiah chuckled quietly.

"I have chosen my queen, and Ecco, as deluded as she may be, knows that it's you."

"Then why keep her?"

"She's useful. She's loyal most of all."

"I'm loyal."

There was no reply, but Clarissa could see that Jeremiah was smiling. They made their way up a flight of stairs, and to the door that lead to the dining room. By the muffled voices, Clarissa knew she was right. Bruce, Selina and Alfred, one cosy family. All in conversation. Clarissa picked up Jeremiah's name and looked over at him. He was still smiling, clearly unphased.

A suit of armour in a corner caught her attention, and Clarissa edged behind it to spy. Bruce and Selina were side by side on one of the black sofas by the fire. Alfred was making his way to the door, and she gestured for Jeremiah to hide. He backed into the opposite corner as Alfred passed them, completely unaware. The door was left ajar, and Jeremiah caught in with one gloved hand. 

"Jeremiah said that all it takes is one bad day to turn a person insane,'' said Bruce quietly as Jeremiah edged through the doorway. 

"I wonder if my parents' dying made me a little insane. Maybe he sensed that. Maybe he wanted to bring it out."

Clarissa smirked as she pulled out her gun, loading it almost silently. On the sofa, Selina leant over to say proudly ''Well, you proved him wrong."

A shudder of anger went through Clarissa and Jeremiah spoke in his usual casual, yet professional tone. 

"To be fair, the day's not over yet."

Selina and Bruce leapt up, but Jeremiah had out his gun, and Clarissa quickly followed. She aimed at Selina, and fired a single shot into her chest. Bruce gasped as Selina sank to the floor, and Alfred's voice echoed from downstairs as he flew threw the door, knocking Jeremiah down and punching his face. Clarissa shrieked and fired wildly, missing Alfred by an inch. 

''Clarissa!'' said Bruce, looking over his shoulder, a furious and hurt expression on his face. She stumbled backwards, wanting to escape but Jeremiah's now bloody face was turned towards her, his gun laying on the floor a few feet away. She couldn't leave him. 

''Let him go!'' she said, her voice higher than usual. Alfred turned to face her and growled ''He's out. And if you want to save him you'll be locked up to, traitor."

"I love him! How is that a betrayal?"

"You shot Selina!" roared Bruce, and tears pricked at Clarissa's eyes.

"I never liked her. She stole Jerome's recording."

"Looks like you never needed it, girl,'' said Alfred darkly, his eyes on the unconscious Jeremiah. It would be so easy to shoot Alfred and run, but Clarissa was shaking and she could barely stay upright. She pointed the gun at Bruce, who was cradling Selina.

"Let me take him, Bruce."

"No. You're criminals."

"He is. I merely follow him. Love makes you do crazy things, Brucie."

Alfred's arms pulled her own behind her back and she struggled, but he was too strong. She couldn't resist as he threw her to the floor besides Jeremiah and she crawled over to him, her hand on his face.

"Give up, please Clarissa,'' said Bruce.

"I'll never stop fighting for what J believes in."

She paused, then said, " Hope the bitch dies, Brucie."

Alfred's fist connected with her head and Clarissa hit the floor before everything went black.