Blowing up the Tower

Clarissa opened her eyes with a smile stretching her face. She sat up, looking around her room, and found Jeremiah sitting at the end of the bed with a neutral expression. He was dressed in a deep green suit, his hair glistening in the light streaming through the window. Pulling the blanket further up her body, she gave him a confused look. Since when did he wait for her to wake up? 

Good morning, Jeremiah.

''Morning,'' she said quietly, ignoring the sultry tone that the voice in her head took. Jeremiah smiled and handed her a folded set of clothes. 

''We have a job to do today, Clarissa,'' he said as she took the clothes from them and unfolded them. In her hands were a red and black pair of leggings, a white, red and black dress, and simple black shoes. 

''A job?'' she asked as she climbed out of bed and adjusted the nightdress she wore. Jeremiah turned away, giving her the privacy to change as he answered.

''We're visiting the Police Department today, and you'll be pressing a button for me?''

''The bombs?'' 

He nodded, still looking away as Clarissa pulled on the dress. It hugged her curves, tight but not revealing, and she picked up her brush to pull her hair into a braid. 

''But first, we'll be leaving. The police will know this is where we live, thanks to Bruce. So we'll be detonating the place.''

Clarissa looked up, shocked, and Jeremiah glanced back at her. There was a tight, wicked smile on his lips.

Boom. Boom. Boom. 

''So we're blowing up this entire place? What about your work, Jeremiah?''

''Already there. Ecco has been very busy as of late.''

He stood up, and from his pocket drew out a small silver remote. In the centre was a single red button, and Clarissa couldn't help but giggle when she saw it. A grin appeared on Jeremiah's face and he walked forwards, holding out the remote to her. Almost greedily she took it, placing it in a pocket on the front of her dress. 

''Eager?'' Jeremiah asked, and Clarissa nodded slightly. The smile was still on her face, and it grew larger as Jeremiah came even closer. His gloved hands snaked up to rest on Clarissa's shoulders, and she shuddered at his touch. 

''Is it a show?'' she asked, memories of Jerome whispering in her head. She could hear his voice announcing his presence before trying to kill Bruce. Before he died the first time. Clarissa winced and stepped back, breaking Jeremiah's hold on her.

''What's wrong?'' he asked, but she shook her head.

Dollface?

''Jeremiah.''

''Yes?''

She couldn't get the words out, but Jeremiah seemed to understand. He stood tall over her, his pale face serious and yet glinting with humour. So like Jerome. 

''My brother was weak, Clarissa. And you're weak for still believing in him. I told you to prove your loyalty.''

''I am!'' she snapped, turning away. ''I have the button, and Jerome is dead. He's dead and he's not coming back.''

''So? What does that mean?'' Jeremiah hissed, his voice like a snake waiting to strike. His finger slid under Clarissa's chin, forcing her head to look into his eyes. She closed her eyes and bit her tongue before speaking.

''I'm loyal to you, Jeremiah.''

''Are you?''

''Yes.''