Chapter 15

Lilyana

"LILYANA IS TIME FOR LUNCH!" Lunch? Lunch? How could it possibly be lunch, when we just finished breakfast!?

"How is it time for lunch? We just ate." I asked my mom as I ascended down the stairs.

"Lil, that was 6 hours ago." Logan butted in.

"Really? Where has the time gone.."

"Well when you're cooped up in your room, writing, 6 hours really does fly by." My dad smirked at me.

"Oh, so you're a writer?" Her eyebrows rose. "Hopefully one day you'll share, yeah?" I looked down nodding sheepishly.

"Her writing is really beautiful." I smiled at the compliment as mom was sharing food onto the plates.

"Can I help?"

"You want to help?" I nodded eagerly. I use to help my dad with food all the time, even though I didn't eat, nor do I enjoy it, it brought me comfort. It was the power I had over it. I guess I was in control; I could burn it or cut out all the fats. It was something up to me, and I loved it. "Sure bring this plate to daddy and this one to your brother. And if you don't mind you can get the pitchers out the fridge and fill up the glasses." I nodded sweetly. Taking the plates over to the table.

"Any special requests?"

"Water for me" he smiled,

"Why water?"

"I'm diabetic, and I'm already on a sugar overload from all your sweetness." He grabbed my sides pulling me onto his lap, tickling my sides and kissing my cheeks. My loud roaring laugh overtaking the silence that once filled the dining area. "Oh that laugh, you're gonna put me in a diabetic coma." I wrapped my arms around his neck, and kissed his cheek.

"I love you"

"I love you too," he kissed the top of my head. I hopped off his lap to get his drink.

"Water it is" I spoke with a smile on my face. After pouring out the drinks I set aside the pitchers and take my seat.

"So, let's get to know each other, more." My dad asked. Am I supposed to call him that? What would my birth father think, he wouldn't want me to forget him.

My mom placed the medium sized bowl of stir fry in front of me, tearing me away from my thoughts.

"Do you guys have any friends back at home?" I cringed internally, I didn't want to think of that place as my home, everything back in Lake Havasu hurt.

"I thought this was our home" I mumbled lowly, now playing around with my food.

"Baby of course this is your home now; and forever." Demi placed her hand on my shoulder in a comforting gesture. "He said that because that's where you both lived for the past 11 years." I nodded, not looking up from my meal. She sighed.

"Um, my best friend R.J. is back in Arizona." Logan added in a subtle voice.

Rj. That boy. I hated him. He was pure evil. Every time Logan would turn around he would hurt me; he'd squeeze me, punch me, slap me, he'd even pinch me. Anything just to get me to hurt; call me names that haunted my every thought, he was my bully, my worst nightmare, he was satan wrapped up in a 12 year old's body! And I couldn't even go to the one person that 'tried to protect me' from the world's harm; 'my big brother.'

"What about you Lilyana?"

"I didn't have friends in Arizona." I spit coldly.

"I would've thought that you were popular with the girls back-"