Chapter 15

The second we both were stood around the corner and face to face Emily's face had softened and it looked like she was about to cry. "I'm sorry Daisy" She managed to choke out. "Yesterday I was just upset and agitated and I took it out on you. You have every right to date whoever you want" Emily explained to me and by the end she had her head hanging down in shame and I'm sure there were a few tears escaping her eyes.

I pulled her into a hug surprising her but soon enough she hugged me back wrapping her arms around me. "I'm sorry too" I apologised and yet I didn't know what I was apologising for but decided it was the best thing to do right now.

Something was bothering me though, why did Emily like me and Calum together but not Oscar? And the way she acted yesterday and what Crystal had told me. It made a little more sense now.

"Em, do you have feelings for Oscar?" I ask her whilst still hugging her but as soon as the question ended I was now put back at arms length with Emily scowling at me. "What's with the scowl? I won't say anything if you do have feelings for him" I ask and promise her at the same time.

Her face now softened again and I get a nod of the head from her implying that yes she did have feelings for him and this now made me feel even more guilty, I had said yes to a date with the guy she liked. "I'm sorry Em, I didn't realise" I apologise once again now I see how my actions have affected other people.

"It's okay, you didn't know, no one did" Emily says now stood with her arms crossed in front of her as if acting like a shield from the wind that was now blowing really hard against us, I had only just realised how cold it was and that we were both stood in just T-shirts. "Can we go inside? I'm freezing" She asks as if reading my mind and I laugh nodding my head at her. We link arms and walk back inside to the cafeteria where there wasn't as many people as there were before.

All of our friends were still sat in their places and I take my seat next to Peter on the end, Emily taking her original seat next to Liam on the other end and we all dive into another conversation completely forgetting about mine and Emily's little fall out. In the middle of the conversation though I noticed how Calum wasn't here anymore, I could've sworn he was sat here in front of me when I first made my way here.

"Guys where's Calum?" I question the group I call my friends and all of them give me a shrug of the shoulders saying 'I don't know'.

I saw a little smirk from Crystal and I knew she was up to something, this is never good. "So how is Calum? I saw you two carpool together this morning" Crystal sort of states more than question me and I now know why she did that, Oscar was now listening to our conversation and I didn't want to do this in front of him right now, I knew it would hurt him.

"He's okay, he just dropped me at school no biggie. We're just friends" I try to not let this all escalate any further but that wasn't on the agenda for Crystal today. Even though she's my friend she is still a manipulative bitch and I know she's trying to get me to confess my undying love for Calum in front of Oscar.

"Oh well it's just-" Crystal starts to say but then gets cut off by the school bell ringing signalling us all that lunch time is over and to head to our next classes. Saved by the bell. I quickly drop everything on my tray in the bin and then head out and towards my locker for my other books.

I was so glad I got out of there in time because I couldn't deal with anymore drama today, it's like ever since Calum had entered my life it's just been all about the drama, i'm so over it. As I'm pulling out my math textbook I could feel a presence behind me, actually not just one but two.

"Daisy, so glad we could catch you. A word?" Violet asks me when I turn to face them and I had to try not to pull my face in disgust at them, their face was more orange than usual with all the make-up plastered on their face.

I don't say anything just hoping they would say whatever they want and then just leave me alone. "Your friend Calum. He is just a friend right?" Veronica questions whilst twirling a strand of her bleach blonde hair in her fingers.

This made me feel uneasy because me and Calum haven't really had the 'talk' yet if we were official or not, there was so many mixed signals right now I couldn't even tell myself. I so badly wanted to lie to the twins and tell them that me and Calum were a thing but I knew if I did it would get around the school faster than wildfire and I still haven't broken the news to Oscar yet.

"Just for now yeah, but I'm hoping that will change soon" I say with a smile on my face at the thought of me and Calum actually becoming an official couple but my smile was soon wiped when they both started to laugh at me. "What's so funny?" I question them on the laughing, i'm sure I didn't say anything funny.

Their laughter soon died down and it was replaced by dirty looks from the both of them. "Oh sweetie Calum would never date a girl like you" Veronica smiled at me but this was anything from nice and it made me want to slap her.

"A girl like me? As opposed to what? Trampy tarts who plaster their face in makeup for a desperate cry for guys to even just give them a look?" I argue back making them hang their mouths open in shock and then plaster a smile on my face "No thanks" and with that I took off to Math hoping I won't get a late mark.