Chapter 24: Mine

Ever since I fixed my part of this planet, I haven't stopped visiting here.

Everyday I come here and sit in the nature. The trees are so tall and beautiful, full of flowers and life.

Not only were plants brought to life, but I also accidentally created some animals. Species that are native to this particular region.

They are so strong and beautiful, my creations. Some have wings, some don't, some swim in the lake and others stay closer to the areas without water.

Animals native to the planet come here as well, the aura of the forest is so calming.

I never want to leave.

But I must, if I want to save the rest of this planet I should start scouting for the next area. Then I'll need to take care of the reason this planet is dying.

The Shifters.

Though James and I spoke of fixing the planet and saving the people he hasn't done much of either. We need to look at their laws and policies and make some serious changes, because I'll be damned if I allow them to destroy anything I've made.

It's been a few days since I've last spoken to James but it's been a month since I've created this forest. I've had to monitor it to be sure my plan would work, now I know it will.

Truthfully I miss him. I miss how we were. I've always caught feeling fast and he was so amazing, but I'm also glad I've had this time to myself.

I feel like a void has been filled inside me. I feel like I now have a solid purpose in life.

Before it was just to survive and make a living. That was before they wanted to take me.

After they came my goal was to survive and protect Jack. Then he got older and he doesn't need me as much, and we're relatively safe.

Now, I know my true purpose.

To create, and protect all my creations.

Why else would I have these abilities no one can explain? The ability to create, and destroy, the fact that I can create actual life?

I didn't even know I could make animals until I saw them when I opened my eyes.

Watching them grow and survive has been so fulfilling.

There hasn't been anything I've enjoyed more, except taking care of Jack. To this day I still enjoy watching him learn and grow as a person.

"Dasana!"

"What?"

James has been calling me for the past five minutes but I've been ignoring him.

Currently I'm sitting on a tree branch, about 40 feet in the air, playing with a squirrel like creature in my forest. I still haven't named them.

"Please come down, I need to speak with you!"

"There's no need to shout, I can hear you."

"What! I can't hear you!"

Rolling my eyes, I let go of the... Quirrim? No. Shubert? Hell no. Fuck it I'm calling it a Trixserian Squirrel. I let go of the squirrel and use my power to float to the ground gently.

Landing in front of James I raise a brow.

"Now, why were you calling me?"

"We haven't been spending much time together, where do we stand? What are we?"

I let out a sigh, I know its only been a few days since we last spoke but I've known our goals didn't truly align. 

Not once since he made that pledge to me has there been any change in his rule over Trixseria.