Chapter 18: The Ship

This ship is cool as fuck.

Everyone is being nice.

The room they gave me is awesome.

I think I love these alien people.

But, we've been on this bitch for 3 weeks.

Space travel takes long. Jack looks about 10 now and is steadily continuing to be a smartass. So that's fun.

It is sort of cool seeing other planets and stuff, we've exited the solar system and are entering another galaxy.

It's honestly going faster than it would have, if we were traveling with Earth technology.

Also I'm pretty fucking powerful.

Right now I'm literally levitating, and any blasts of light I shoot, are lethal. I've had Captain Jaquan train me in fighting, one time I got so mad that a blast shot out of nowhere and burst a hole in the ship.

I was rightfully shook because I didn't use my hands, it's like my anger had manifested and almost took out the whole ship.

I fixed it 2 seconds after it happened though.

My manifesting abilities are strong and I can even grow trees and manifest food. It makes no sense. Deep inside, I feel that my power will only grow.

"Princess Bad Bitch, are you alright."

I'm pulled from my levitating meditation by Jaquan. I told him to call me that whenever he felt like calling me princess and we were alone.

"Wassup Captain Save a Hoe, I'm good. Just thinking."

"I'm shook, you think?" Now when did Jack come in here? Sneaky little child. Clearly I've rubbed off on him though.

"Shut up Jack, you not funny."

"On the contrary, I'm hilarious. Just ask the rest of the soldiers."

"Anyway, Princess, I've come to inform you that we are approaching Trixseria."

"That's what I was thinking about actually. What's it like, you know, the planet and king? I'm sort of worried."

Jaquan looks sort of shocked at the question. I don't know why though, I was bound to ask at some point.

"Well, the planet is quickly becoming desolate. The resources are depleting and food will be gone soon. Though there is talk of moving to another planet soon. Our King Arturian is a relatively new king, he was only in charge for about one year before my sector was chosen to retrieve you."

"So, y'all just use a planet until it dies and then move to another one, just to do the same thing?"

"Yes."

That's horrible. But if humans had the resources, we would probably do it too.

I found out the human race isn't gone. They literally just took out my city, to get me. The rest of the world is fine.

When I got the news it was a mix of emotions. That's actually what triggered me getting angry and almost taking down the ship.

The rest of the world was fine.

But my city had almost no survivors, and no one I knew survived. Except Cameron, but I didn't know him until it happened. Oh and, Jasmine but, fuck her.

"Do you know why your king wants to meet me?"

"That information wasn't given to me, all I know is that you were summoned to the royal court."

So I don't really know what to expect. Great.

------------------------------

I actually did get closer with the soldiers on the ship, I learned some of their stories. I guess I just needed to feel like they weren't just robots, doing whatever they're told.

Individuality is one of the keys to freedom. If you can't be yourself, you're not free.

The last thing I wanted to do was take away their freedom when I got in their minds.

I just couldn't take the risk of Jack or I being harmed on this journey. I'll do what I have to.

It's still hard to be around them though, knowing that though they were following orders, they were the cause of the deaths of everyone I knew. It hurts. But I'd never take anyone's freedom.

We're getting closer to Trixseria, and it's... breathtaking.

I always knew there was life outside of Earth but to see it is extraordinary.

As we get closer to the planet the ship's crew begins preparation for entering the atmosphere since it's similar to Earth's.

It's bumpy for a few minutes and then we're smooth sailing. I look out the window and am absolutely shocked with how similar this planet looks to Earth.

Almost the same, with some major differences. The sky has more of an orangish tint, and the trees are more pink and purple. The water is a reflection of the sky, it looks so still right now.

I was so busy staring out the window that I hadn't realized we stopped moving.

"Princess, are you ready to meet King Arturian?"

Taking a deep breath I think for a moment.

"Naw, I need a minute."