10th Tea part one

"So it's just a dream of a young Shen Wei's admirer? Is that why you hurried here yourself? The spymaster himself?" Now that he was alone with Da Qing in the room, while Shen Wei went to show Zhu Hong where she'll be staying, Zhao Yunlan pulled out a small bottle of alcohol, he'd been hiding, taking a swig smirking. "C'mon, you fat cat, are you dumb even?"

Da Qing hissed, his fluffy tail showing with an angry flap just how much he's displeased with the insult. "Look, the kid's not a regular wizzard, he's like super sensitive to magic and it's pretty damn possible he might even have a gift of clairvoyance."

"And how do you know that? Huh? Is he able to predict how many students will get stomache ache during school lunch? Stupid cat. Show me some proof and I might believe you. Besides, what is even such a vague dream supposed to predict? I won't make Shen Wei unhappy, okay? Is that it?" Zhao Yunlan clearly wasn't intending on listening.

"Zhao Yunlan, the fact you don't get affected by magic doesn't mean you shouldn't believe in it..." Da Qing walked through the room, trying various pillows, deciding on which to settle. "I understand it can't get into that thick skull of yours..." Da Qing swiftly dodged a boot that headed his way before continuing his speech. "...but the dream most likely DID involve something happening to YOU. And the kid didn't know about your shameless advances on Shen Wei so why would he connect your misfortune and Shen Wei's together?"

Finishing and hiding again the alcohol, Zhao Yunlan sighed. "You're reading too much into it. A griffin without a rider doesn't have to mean me. And he obviously loves Shen Wei and admires him much, so he's afraid he might become sad. You happy now? Mystery solved. Now let's get to the actual problem at hand..."

* * *

Teaching Assistant Shen Wei felt slightly redundant amongst the passionately planning Military members, so while the three were obviously busy, he took care of them, the Star Angelica and the two griffins resting outside of the temple.

At first, Lieutnant Zhu Hong's Snowwhite seemed quite unapproachable. A beautiful white-feathered creature, surely born from the purest of magic, without a speck of filth on her. She was a true lady, beautiful and proud... Although, what kind of lady would be able to resist such a beautiful gentleman such as Shen Wei?

Surely, at the beginning, she definitely looked like she has NO idea, why is Rosie so ecstatic whenever this magic-oozing half-elf appeared to bring them refreshments or to simply sit with them outside or talk to them.

The dapple-grey bimbo definitely didn't understand how a griffiness should carry herself, jumping up and down like a huge fat dog, almost making the earth under their feet tremble.

However, this one person... his gentle smile and a sort of worried expression sometimes... the kind look he gave Rosie whenever she brought him a gift, rubbing the small feathers around her beak as she liked the most...

Maybe this one man was alright afterall, she thought, as Shen Wei bowed to her in salutation, holding a slightly drooled-over fish that Rosie had caught for him this morning. Snowwhite felt a slight pang of jealousy when Rosie nudged the wizzard with her head, earning one extra ruffle and a briliantly shining smile.

"Here you are..."

Shen Wei turned around. "Yunlan..."

"You know, I've always thought Snowwhite doesn't really like males but... you seem to be exception," he grinned, earning a warning growl from mentioned griffiness as she regarded him as standing too close to her... or maybe too close to Shen Wei.

"See?!" Zhao Yunlan jumped to hide behind the wizzard jokingly. "A violent creature. Just like her owner!"

Shen Wei smiled, laughing slightly. "Lieutnant Zhu Hong should hear you, really." He felt Yunlan's sneaky arms wrap themselves around his waist. It seemed like the mischievious Captain regained his strenght again for the most part. "What about your plans?" Shen Wei asked finally.