Chapter 12 - Charity

They were standing a few feet away from the red carpet leading inside. Richie was getting nervous again until he felt Eddie's hand on his. The other smiled at him and everything seemed a little bit calmer. This was it. This was his first step to getting his life back on track. He put on a smile and went towards the carpet walking past multiple interviewers.

He smiled at everyone and went inside with Eddie still holding his hand. His palms were a bit sweaty as he was extremely nervous but Eddie didn't care.

As they stepped through the door they were met with a mass of people. All of them were wearing fancy dresses and clothing. Richie was overwhelmed. "Honeybunny, can we leave? This is-" He was interrupted by one of his coworkers.

"Hey, Richie! Where were you?" He went over to them and smiled at Eddie. "My name's Gabriel. So you're his lover or?"

Eddie was a bit surprised by the question. He looked at the other and noticed that he was quite small and had almost golden locks. The other also carried some sweets with him that he got from some table.

"We're in a relationship. My name is Eddie. Nice to meet you." He smiled.

Gabriel looked him up and down until he spoke up again. "How the fuck did Richard get someone like you?" He laughed.

"I ask myself the same question every second." Richie laughed and kissed his boyfriend on the cheek.

The three talked for a while and Eddie understood why Gabriel was friends with Richie. They both had a horrible sense of humor.

After a while, though Gabriel left with his boyfriend who was a lot less hyper then him and a lot taller.

"Okay, this isn't too bad." Richie kissed the other until he saw his manager coming towards them. "Well, fun's over, sweetie."

"Tozier, what the fuck have you been doing?! You just left after that stunt to go to some village and didn't return for what 2 months?! Then there are articles of you getting into a bar fight! Have you talked to the press yet?"

Eddie had imagined his manager to be more like the comedian. But he was scary. He was tall and very angry looking.

"No, I haven't. I just came here but I'm gonna make it right, okay?" Richie sighed still holding onto his lover's hand to calm him down.

"I fucking hope so, Tozier! If not you're done." He turned around and walked away.

Richie sighed. "Well, I'm gonna need a smoke now. You're coming with, sugah?"

Eddie kissed him and shook his. "You can't just smoke your problems away." He kissed him again this time lingering a lot longer on the other's lips.

"I know but I really need one right now, okay? I'll be back in a bit. Don't do anything stupid!" Richie ran out the door so that the other couldn't say anything else about his smoking habits.

Eddie just shook his head and walked around the event until a nice woman started talking to him. She was about his age and fairly good looking.

As Richie got back in he saw them and got a bit jealous. So he did the only reasonable thing and went up on stage. The first time after the Derry incident.

"Good evening, may I have your attention for a second. My name is Richie Tozier. You might know me from one of my comedy shows or from one of the articles about me lately."

Eddie and everyone who knew him were asking themselves what the fuck is he doing?

"Well, I've been in a pretty rough place lately. But that's alright because I'm with the love of my life now, Eddie Kaspbrak. He's the handsome one in the red suit."