Stretching his legs Jaehyun sipped. Ren returned to reading the book, its pages crumbly. The large windows provided a path for the sunlight, warming the room. Looking outside, Jaehyun, saw the carriages were still in the square, gold shining. The paths were slightly emptier, but huddles of groups were everywhere. The robes of various Oracles caught his eye.

"Why didn't you go down with the others?"

Ren continued reading, "Because this is more important," he reached for his cup. Facing him, Jaehyun tried again.

"And what is it that we're doing here?"

"Like your father said," Ren smirked, "We're just trying to create archives of ancient spells. As an Oracle, it's essential for me to keep our histories thriving. So that's why I need to be here," he flipped a page.

But Jaehyun knew better. It felt as though they were looking for something particular. Something important. His father even asked him to discharge from the military to help. Still, he felt as though they weren't giving him the full story. What is this for? He wondered. Ren flipped another page. Taking one more sip, Jaehyun decided to keep the black and pink book he'd discovered to himself. It was in a language he couldn't read. But he was going to figure it out. And maybe then, he'd understand what it is his father and the others were really searching for.

Staring out of the window, Eon's lips turned into an impressed smile. He peered over his shoulder, arms folded.

"I'd heard stories about what you are doing here. But it's certainly more than I expected."

Jimin tapped his feet, "Well done son. You're a born leader."

"It was Chae's idea really. I'm just helping where I can."

Eon's back remained towards him, "And how is your sister?"

"You should ask her yourself," Smiling Eon turned around.

"You're right. I should," Jimin attempted to see through him but failed.

"What's going on here? Did you not come for a reason?"

"I came to see you Jim, that's all."

Jimin scoffed, head shaking, "It's been quite some time hasn't it father? But here you are speaking to me as if we went hunting together yesterday."

"Those were good times," chuckled Eon, "Remember when you tried shooting the arrow at a wild buck but hit Sir Donovan's foot instead," Jimin didn't smile, "My that was funny."

"I also remember you hiding away the murders of my mother and kin. Keeping me in the dark for an entire week. Refusing to send help to search for Chaeyoung," Jimin's throat felt dry, "Telling me she must have been dead. That it was be..tter that way," his teeth gritted.

Eon looked at him sadly, "There are many things I've come to regret Jim."

"But why do you insist on reminding Chae that she is one?"

"She isn't."

"Now that is funny," Jimin placed his hands on his hips chuckling "We both know that's not true."

"I don't expect you to believe me," Eon looked at him earnestly, "I came here to set things right Jim."

"How?"

"By spending time with my children," said Eon.

"Time is something you can not return to us father," Jimin bowed his head, "I can't forgive you. Not with the way you've treated my sister. You can't appear here and just think all will be well. That's not how this works."