(11) Ending Things with the Enemy

Rye's POV

Jack wasn't okay. No matter what he told me, I could tell he was hurting badly. I knew it was only a matter of time before he broke down.

I was right. One afternoon when we were sorting out a cover, he snapped. He was being moody with everyone and, while me, Sonny and Brook could keep our cool, Andy could not. It eventually got too much for him and he started shouting at Jack.

"For fuck sakes Jack. What is wrong with you?! Are you forgetting this is our careers? Huh? You seem to not care whether we get this finished or not, and it's driving me insane. Be more considerate and think about how your behaviour effects us four as well. You're not the only one in this band!"

I watched as something changed inside Jack, forcing him to admit what was going on with him.

"Well I'm the only one who lost their mum last week!" He screamed. Everyone went silent as we watched Jack slowly fall apart. I wanted to hug him as I watched him cry, but I knew Andy would have some questions.

So instead, we all left the room as Jack sobbed into Brook's chest.

"Hey, you okay?" I turned to see Sonny smiling sympathetically at me.

I nodded, letting out a deep sigh. "He's not okay, and he won't let me help him."

"Well, he might not be comfortable getting help from you." He suggested, leading me into his room.

"Why not?"

"Cause it makes no difference that you're sleeping together. You hate each other."

I looked down. "I don't hate him. I think I like him a little bit."

I looked up, seeing the smirk on Sonny's lips, but not failing to notice the heartbreak in his eyes. He still liked me. I knew that was hard for him to hear.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. He sighed.

"It's fine. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm not jealous, cause I am. But, I'm okay with it."

I smiled, pulling him into a hug. "Thank you Sonny. I love you."

I couldn't see his face, but I could practically feel him smile. "I love you too."

I pulled away slightly, not at all surprised when I caught him staring at my lips. What did surprise me was that he leant forward, capturing those very lips in a kiss. I pushed him away, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

"What the fuck Sonny?"

"I'm sorry!" He leant forward, his face in his hands. "I can't get you off my mind."

"I understand that, Sonny. I really do. But I like Jack. He'd kill you if he knew you kissed me."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"It's fine." I sighed, not knowing what to do. Did I tell Jack? Did I not? It wasn't like we were dating, so he had no right to be upset. But I didn't want to hurt him more than he already was.

"Maybe I need some time away from you." He admitted.

I nodded, rubbing his back. "Maybe that would be best for you."

He sighed, standing up. "I hope you and Jack will be okay."

I gave him a weak smile. "So do I. I need to tell him about the kiss though."

He nodded. "I get that. Just make sure he doesn't murder me, yeah?"

I chuckled. "Course."

He gave me one last smile before leaving the room, Jack walking past him and closing my door.

"I'm sorry." He stated.

"Me too."

"Why are you sorry?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you sorry?" I retaliated, not wanting to tell him just yet.

"I kissed Brook."

I froze. "What?"

"He was comforting me, and I needed some kind of relief, so I just went for it. I'm sorry."

I nodded slowly, realising that the kiss with Sonny wasn't that bad anymore.

"I have something to tell you as well. Sonny kissed me."

His eyes widened and he took a step back. "You what?"

"He kissed me. I pushed him away as soon as I realised what was happening."

"You still kissed him." He spat, turning to leave the room.

"You kissed Brook!"

"I know, and I'm sorry about that. But you know how I feel about you and Sonny. I can't believe you'd do this. You know he's in love with you."

"Brook's in love with you!" I countered.

"Yeah, but I don't like him."

"I don't like Sonny."

"I don't believe you."

"Jack..." I sighed. He looked down, shaking his head.

"I know we aren't dating, but I can't help but feel betrayed."

"I know, and I'm so-" he cut me off with the two words I really didn't want to hear.

"We're done."

"Jack, don't do this. Please."

"No, Ryan. We're. Done. Whatever we have between us is over." He told me, slamming open the door.

"You'll be back. I know you will." I shouted. As soon as he shut the door, a tear fell down my cheek. Soon enough, I was full on crying my eyes out. Only then did I realise that maybe Jack meant more to me than I thought..

Jack's POV

I slammed Rye's door, storming straight into Brook's room. He was sat on his bed, playing Fifa. I walked straight towards him, grabbing his face and smashing my lips against his. He kissed back instantly, allowing me to push him down and climb on top of him.

I attached my lips to his neck, sucking harshly as he moaned, pushing me back slightly.

"What?" He breathed.

"Me and Rye are over."

"Why?"

"He kissed Sonny."

He gasped, understanding why I had ended things with Ryan.

"So, what now?"

"I need you." I admitted, needing some kind of relief.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded, pulling him into another kiss.

He might not be Rye, but he was good for now.

Authors note -
Two updates in one day? I'm feeling generous aha.

Bye peasants x