(9) Caring for the Enemy

Rye's POV

Brook liked Jack? Something didn't feel right about that. I wasn't jealous, of course not.

Since that day at the studio, things had slowly been getting back to normal. Me and Jack didn't talk much the first couple of days, but we had a fight over the TV which turned into us making out, so I think it's safe to say we were back to normal.

Brook had been keeping his distance from Jack, which was understandable. However, it seemed as though Sonny was trying to get closer to me. I didn't know how to feel about it. I loved Sonny, of course I did. He was one of my best mates. But it's always awkward when you know your best mate has a crush on you.

"Rye?! Dinner's ready!" Andy called from downstairs. I closed my laptop, joining the boys in the kitchen. I took a seat at the island next to Jack, grabbing the bowl of pasta from Andy's grasp.

"Woah, you're sitting next to Jack? Are you okay?" He chuckled. Me and Jack sent each other a quick glance, seeing Brook and Sonny look over at us worriedly. I cleared my throat, laughing along with Andy.

"Yeah, everything's good Fovvs. We're just trying to get along better so that we maybe have a chance to come back on tour." I lied, seeing Jack visually relax.

"Yeah, there's no point in bothering Harvey and Mike, is there?" He went along with my lie. Andy slowly nodded, seemingly believing us.

"Well, it's good that the two of you are getting along better." He smiled, taking a seat next to Sonny. Once the other boys were distracted, Jack lightly nudged me in the side.

"Come to my room tonight. It's been too long and I want you." He whispered seductively.

"I'll be there." I smirked.

We carried on eating in silence, the conversation across the room filling the silence. I felt a hand on my thigh, and I tried not to look like anything was happening. But I felt him slowly moving it higher until he was hovering over my crotch. He quickly grabbed me through my jeans, making me gasp.

"You okay there?" Andy checked. I nodded, not trusting my voice.

I slapped Jack's hand away, ushering him out of the room. I quickly put our bowls in the sink, before making up some excuse that we needed to let our anger out sometime. I rushed upstairs, finding Jack waiting patiently in his room. I locked the door behind me, crashing our lips together as soon as possible. He pulled me down on the bed with him so that I was straddling him. Desperately grinding my hips into his, I pulled off my shirt, along with his. I sat up slightly so that we could both skip out of our jeans, dropping back down on him, making him let out a loud moan.

"D-daddy?"

"Yes princess?" I moved so that I was kissing down his chest. He shivered at my kiss, shakily finding his voice.

"Can I ride you?" He whispered. I moaned, nodding repeatedly as I flipped us over, him now straddling my waist. He shakingly lifted himself up as I grabbed my dick, guiding it towards his hole. He hesitantly lowered himself down on me, biting his lip at the sensation. He sat there for a short while, getting used to the feeling, before lifting himself back up and dropping down.

"Oh my god."

He sped up his actions, me lightly thrusting upwards to help him out. His eyes rolled back in pleasure, and I knew I had hit his prostate. He stayed in the same position, me fucking the same area until he came over both himself and me. I flipped us over so that he was led underneath me, fucking into him until I released. I pulled out, dropping down on his bed and closing my eyes. I expected him to crawl into my arms like usual, but when I opened one eye, I saw him staring down at his phone.

"Jack? You okay? Come cuddle."

"Shut up Rye." He muttered, eyes glued to the screen.

"Come on, put the phone down and-"

"I said shut up Rye. Not everything's about you!" He shouted, and it was only then that I saw he was on the verge of tears.

"Jack, what's wrong? Talk to me." I said.

He shook his head, quickly pulling on a hoodie and some joggers before running out of the room. I heard the front door slam shut and I dropped down in defeat.

What had I done wrong?

~~~

Jack didn't come home until a lot later. It was 2AM, and the other boys were already asleep. I stayed awake, hoping Jack would come back. I sneaked into his room after the boys had gone to bed, refusing to sleep until I knew Jack was okay.

"What are you doing here, Rye?" He muttered once he arrived home. He slurred his words a bit, and I knew he was drunk. I stood up, taking his hand and leading him to his bed.

"I was worried about you. Why did you run out like that? What happened?"

"Like you care." He rolled his eyes.

"I do." I whispered. "I care about everyone's wellbeing, enemies or not." I corrected myself.

"Well, we are enemies. So you'll be fucking psyched to know that my mum died." He whisper-shouted.

I gasped, watching as he slowly broke down. Tears built up in his eyes as he started shaking. I tried pulling him into a hug, but he flinched away.

"Why are you trying to comfort me? I thought you'd be laughing your head off."

"What? You really think I'd be happy about that?" I exclaimed, shocked that he thought I was that shallow.

"Well, you hate me, right? You must love seeing me in pain." He sounded so broken, like he didn't believe the words he was saying, but needed to say them anyway. He needed to take this out on someone else.

"I don't hate you, Jack." I mumbled.

It went quiet after that, the only sound being Jack's sobs. It broke my heart to see him like that. I knew how close he was to his mum, and I couldn't imagine how he must've been feeling in that moment.

Once he had calmed down a bit, he tried to pull me into a kiss. I pushed him away.

"Jack, what are you doing?"

"Let's have sex. I need a distraction." He whispered, pushing me down onto the bed.

"I'm not sure you're in the right frame of mind for this." I told him, genuinely concerned for him.

"Since when do you care?" He said, crawling on top of me.

I hesitated for a minute, staring into the lost, broken eyes of my youngest bandmate, before replying.

"You're right, I don't."

And with that, I let him kiss me.

Authors note -
I hate myself for practically abandoning two of my books, but I'm lacking inspiration at the moment. I'm gonna leave Love Story up, but I'm considering unpublishing Lights Up for now.

Bye peasants x