(10) Cheating On the Enemy

Jack's POV

I had been getting drunk and sleeping with Rye every night for the past week. I never had handled things well, and this proved just that. Rye was getting even more worried about me, but every time he brought it up I just accused him of liking me.

I knew our 'relationship' was unhealthy, but I didn't want to end things. I couldn't end things, because as much as I didn't want to admit it, Rye was my only source of comfort in this world. I still hated him, but while everything else changed, he stayed the same. We stayed the same. I didn't want to give that up.

"Jack! Stop!" He moaned as I sucked hickeys onto his neck, having him pinned underneath me on his bed.

"Why?"

"Because this isn't you, Jack. Sure, you're a horny little fuck, but never like this. You're pretending you're okay, but you're not. Fucking out your feelings isn't healthy. You need time to grieve." He explained as I climbed off of him, sitting next to him instead.

"Since when did you become a therapist?" I asked breathlessly.

"Since you became an emotionless little shit. I know it's not my place to say, but I really do think you need time to yourself."

"Fine." I stood up, walking towards the door. "If you won't fuck me, I'm sure Brook will!"

"No!" He shot up, grabbing my wrist and pulling me back towards him, connecting our lips. "You promised me you wouldn't go for him if I didn't go for Sonny."

"Then don't act like my boyfriend. It's not like you care."

"I do-" he cut himself off with a sigh, rubbing his hand soothingly over my stomach. "I just don't want you to have any regrets."

"Yeah? I won't."

"You will if you carry on the way you are doing."

"Why are you so bothered about it? It doesn't concern you. If this is they way I choose to deal with it, then let me."

"All I'm saying is that we don't have to have sex every single minute."

"Maybe you don't, but I do. So either you fuck me now, or I'll find Brook."

He looked torn, biting his lip as he stood still, not knowing what to do. Eventually, he pulled me onto the bed, attaching his lips to my neck.

"Thank you." I whispered, pulling him closer.

~~~

I hadn't told the other boys why I was so moody, but they could tell something was off with me. I kept snapping for no reason, refusing to cooperate as we planned a new cover. Brook and Sonny were patient, but Andy wasn't. He tried to be polite, but I could see how much it was stressing him out. Eventually it got too much for him and he snapped.

"For fuck sakes Jack. What is wrong with you?! Are you forgetting this is our career? Huh? You seem to not care whether we get this finished or not, and it's driving me insane. Be more considerate and think about how your behaviour effects us four as well. You're not the only one in this band!" He exclaimed.

"Well I'm the only one who lost their mum last week!" I screamed, causing them all to go silent. They stared at me as I bit my lip, looking down as tears built up in my eyes. It had only just hit me that I would never see her again, and the realisation killed me.

As soon as one tear fell, I was pulled into someone's arms and I broke down. I knew it was Brook, and I was so grateful for him in that moment. The room was silent, the only noise being my sobs. Brook calmly rubbed my back, whispering soothing things in my ear. Once I had calmed down, I realised that the other boys had left.

"I'm so sorry Jacky. I can't imagine how you must be feeling."

"How did you feel when your dad died?" I asked, moving so that I could look him in the eyes.

"Broken. Like the world had stopped, and it would never spin again as long as he was gone."

I nodded, leaning my head on his shoulder. "That's exactly how I'm feeling right now."

"It sucks, doesn't it?"

I sighed, closing me eyes. "Yeah, it does."

We sat in silence for a bit, just enjoying each other company. The house was silent, and I had assumed the others had gone out somewhere.

"You're not alone in this, remember that."

I smiled to myself, squeezing him slightly. "I know."

"I'm always here for you. So is Andy. So is Sonny." He paused, hesitating before speaking again. "So is Rye."

I sat up, shaking my head. "I don't think so."

"Why not? I thought you guys were getting on now."

I shrugged. "We still hate each other, I know that much. We've been fighting a lot more recently, and I think it's got to a point where he doesn't want to do this anymore."

"Has he said that?"

I shook my head.

"Are you sure you still hate each other?" He asked warily.

"What do you mean?"

"Come on. You've got to admit the situation is a bit weird."

I chuckled slightly, staring down at my knee. "I guess I don't completely hate him. I don't like him, if that's what you're getting at."

"Oh."

"I don't know... this is such a mess." I groaned, resting my face in my hands.

"Hey, look at me." He said quietly, lifting my chin up so that we were face to face, only just coming to terms with how close we really were.

"If you ever want to escape from the madness, I'm here."

I smiled, not missing the way his eyes landed on my lips. In that moment, I didn't care. I needed comfort, and Brook was there. This had nothing to do with Rye anymore.

I grabbed him by the back of his neck, slamming my lips against his. He kissed back instantly, his hands moving to my waist as I climbed on top of him. I pushed my tongue past his lips, exploring his mouth as I thought about how I'd much rather be kissing Rye.

We pulled away for air, resting our foreheads against each other.

"What just happened?" I thought out loud.

"I don't know, but I liked it."

I smiled, forgetting about how Rye would react as I stroked my best friend's cheek.

"Me too."

Authors note -
Ayy I'm back from the dead aha. Hope you liked this chapter, cause the next one is very drama filled.

Bye peasants x