Chapter 7.

The Up All Night tour finally began, and, like the boys predicted, it was absolutely fantastic so far. But then just as quickly, things started to go wrong. Sometime during the tour, Niall suddenly disappeared. As though he vanished into thin air. No one knew how, either he had slipped from security and gotten lost or someone outsmarted them, which seemed impossible to believe. Either way, no one knew where the precious Irish boy was. It had been weeks since his disappearance, with little to no clues on his whereabouts. Everyone was scared, and hashtags like #FindNiallHoran, #ComeBackNialler and #WeMissNiallHoran was trending worldwide on Twitter. There were front-page reports of his disappearance on Mullingar and nationwide newspapers, as well as a few worldwide papers. His parents and brother were extremely worried, as were his mates, especially Harry, who tried to be positive. He hoped that Niall would come back, smiling and cheerful as he always is. And when he did, Harry, he promised himself, was gonna run to him, hug him, and never let him go. Never lose him again. Because Niall meant a lot to him. And although everyone in One Direction was important to Harry, he felt that Niall was more than important. But how important is more than important?

It was a long time when the police found him. And when they finally did, he was--

Scared, Harry woke with a start. Niall wasn’t dead. Niall couldn’t be dead. Why the fuck would the Nialler be dead?! He was never missing, so how could he be found dead? Right? Fearing his nightmare was real, he quickly got out of bed, only in his boxers, and ran to Niall’s room, on the other side of the suite they were staying at for the night.

“Niall, Niall!” Harry whispered urgently, hoping that no one else would hear him as he frantically knocked on the door. A minute later, the door opened and the blond boy, confused by the sudden awakening, rubbed his eyes to adjust to the light.

“Harry?” He yawned. “What’s wrong?”

“I had a nightmare.”

    “A nightmare?” Niall became even more confused. Harry had always gone to Louis when he had nightmares, since they were so incredibly close. Why was he coming to him this time?

“Let me guess, the world ran out of food.”

Harry gave himself an imaginary facepalm. Of course that would be what Niall considered a nightmare. He shook his head. “It was worse than that.”

“Oh.” Niall’s mouth formed a round, pink O. What could be worse than that? “Do you wanna come in and tell me about it?”

Harry nodded and Niall let him into his room. As Niall turned on the light, Harry looked around his room. It was slightly messier than Harry’s, but at least it was a lot more neater than Louis’. Niall sat down on his bed and patted the seat next to him, inviting Harry to sit.

“So what was it about?” Niall asked.

Harry looked straight into Niall’s blue eyes and noticed, for the first time, how truly pretty they were. Why hadn’t he noticed this before?

“I-I had a dream that y-you...were mi-issing and found...d-dead.” Harry stuttered as he started to tear up. He dropped his eyes and started crying as he could feel Niall’s arms wrapped around him. Harry’s shoulders were somewhat cold, as he was stripped down to his boxers, his usual bedtime getup, and Niall couldn’t help but wrap a blanket around the younger boy.

“Shh. It’s okay Harry. I’m here. I’m not missing. I’m not dead. But I’m here.” Niall hugged and attempted to comfort him. “Don’t cry Harry. It was only a dream.”

Harry shook his head, tears still falling from his eyes.  “It felt so real Niall. Everyone was so worried about you. Our fans had worldwide trends about your disappearance for weeks. Lux kept asking ‘Unca Niall? Unca Niall?’ Imagine what Lou and Tom had to tell her. But she wasn’t the only one who missed you. Your mum, Bobby, and Greg. Preston, Louis, Eleanor, Zayn, Perrie, Liam, Danielle, their families and my family. And me.” Especially me, he added silently.

Niall frowned. He didn’t like it when people were worried, even if it was just a dream. He thought for a minute of what he could do to cheer Harry up. It didn’t seem like he wanted to go back to his room and Niall didn’t really want to send him back if he was going to have another nightmare. So instead he gave him a squeeze for reassurance as he thought of an idea. “How about you sleep with me tonight? So you know I won’t disappear?” Harry wiped his eyes and looked up at him once more. “Really? Are you sure?”

“Positive.” Niall gave him a cheeky and heartwarming grin. Harry dried his tears with his hands and smiled back. Niall’s thoughtfulness, which was as lovely as his cheerfulness, was what one of the things Harry liked best about him, unless, of course, it involved food. Especially Nando’s.

“You’re the best.”

They tucked themselves into bed, Niall on one side and Harry on the other.

“Night Harry. Sweet dreams.”

“Night Nialler.”

Niall smiled at him again before turning over and closing his eyes to sleep. Harry turned over as well and tried to sleep. But he couldn’t. His mind was thinking, still thinking. And the only thing he could think of was Niall. Was losing him the worst thing that could happen to Harry? No, he thought instantly. Losing Gemma and his parents, his family really, would be the worst thing that could happen to him. But then he took another minute to think about it. Losing anyone from One Direction would be just as bad as losing his family, because they were Harry’s family as well. He thought about Niall again. Was losing Niall worse than losing his family?

Niall, sleeping peacefully, turned around in Harry’s direction and Harry turned himself to look at him. Even when he was sleeping, he smiled his lovely Niall Horan smile once in awhile as though as he was having a nice dream. His blond hair, although dyed and mussed, added to his smile by giving him the look of a serene angel he nearly was, without the wings. In reality, Niall James Horan was as close to perfect as they came.

Harry’s chest tightened as his heart spoke its answer. Yes.