Chapter 12.

"What happened last night?" Niall had asked when he realized he wasn't in his own room. In his own flat.

Harry stared at him in disbelief and bit his lip. "You mean, you don't remember?" he frowned, trying his hardest not to make it sound like a big deal, even though it kind of was. To him at least. Niall scratched his head, as though he trying to remember. "I remember we went to the pub to celebrate…you were hanging out with Louis…and that's about it," he replied. Harry stared at him. That's it? he thought sullenly. You mean, you don't remember telling me you were secretly gay, spooning me, kissing me, sucking me, and fucking me? He wanted to scream. He wanted to cry. He just had the best night of his life last night with the boy he loved the most and that boy didn't remember any of it. Harry sighed lightly. Of course he wouldn't. He was as drunk as fuck, after all. But--

"Harry?" Niall's husky morning Irish voice broke his train of thought. Harry looked at him, his tired green eyes meeting Niall's lively blue ones. "Yeah?"

"Why did I stay at your flat?" Niall asked curiously again, considering Harry didn't even hear him the first time. Harry shrugged nonchalantly. "Liam and Zayn thought it was a bad idea to let you go home, considering you were incredibly plastered, and they left you at my place because it was closest to the pub."

"Oh," Niall said as he processed the words and then smiled. Harry gave him a small smile back and then turned around, still disheartened by the fact that Niall remembered nothing from last night. As he laid there, sulking, he felt a pair of pale, skinny arms wrap around his waist and pull him close, making him blush profusely.  "N-ni," Harry asked nervously. "W-what are you doing?"

"Thanking you for taking care of me," Niall grinned happily. Harry blushed. "Well, you could have just said that. You don't have to hug me…"

"You don't like it?" Harry froze as he said the same thing in the same tone he had said the night before, just before giving the younger boy a handjob. He shook his head quickly. "N-no, no, it's not that…I mean, I'm naked Ni. Doesn't that bother you?"

Niall bit his lip in thought and shook his head. "No." He squeezed the boy's waist and Harry turned redder. His thoughts were screaming, half-excited and half-panicky. Why does this not bother you Ni?! Are you sure you don't remember last night?!

"I mean, you're always naked Haz, so it's nothing I've not seen before," Niall explained, making Harry blush some more.  He turned around and stuck his tongue out at the boy and Niall grinned some more.

Harry started to get out of bed, trying to give the boy some space, but Niall clung onto him. "Stay," he whimpered cutely, making him irresistible to refuse. Harry sighed and stayed in bed. After a few minutes, Niall looked at him, curious. "What else happened last night?" he asked. Harry bit his lip. "N-nothing," Harry lied, unable to tell Niall that Harry lost his virginity to him. It wasn't like he would believe him, would he? "We just cuddled. Like this."

"Oh," Niall smiled and pressed his head against Harry's back. This eventually made him fall asleep again, as Harry heard a light, soft snore not long after. He unwrapped Niall's arms around him and got up. His legs were incredibly sore, probably from being fucked last night, he presumed. He tried to stand and his legs wobbled a bit and he reached out to support himself. Trying not to disturb a sleeping Niall, he quietly went to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

When Niall woke up the second time, he whimpered in pain from his hangover. He looked over to where he remembered Harry was, hoping the boy could help him with the pain, only to find an unoccupied spot. “Harry?” he called out and waited. No answer.

“Harry?” he repeated tentatively when he heard footsteps approaching. The curly haired boy popped in moments later with a big grin on his face, carrying a tray of breakfast items. “Ni! You’re awake. Finally,” he smiled as he set the tray down in front of the Irish lad and sat next to him. Niall grinned widely. “Haz! You made me food?” he looked at Harry happily and he blushed.

“Y-you’re welcome,” he stuttered, happy to be of service. “I made some toast and coffee too; I heard they’re good for hangovers,” he chuckled, making Niall blush in amusement. He laughed in embarrassment and thanked Harry once more before digging in. Harry smiled happily as he watched Niall eat, although he was still a little disappointed that Niall didn’t remember anything from the night before. He sighed lightly; then again, he might not react well to the news and it might become really awkward between the two.

Niall looked at him after he sighed, and immediately felt bad for digging in so quickly. “Are you hungry too Haz?” he asked. Harry shook his head, knowing Niall wasn’t the best person to share food with, but his stomach betrayed him and growled. Niall giggled. “Help yourself to whatever,” he said, and pushed some food towards the younger boy before continuing to eat. Harry stared at him in surprise, hesitated, and grabbed a bacon strip before the real Niall returned and hogged all the food.

“Okay, who are you and what have you done to the real Niall Horan?” he asked semi-jokingly, raising a brow as he ate his bacon. Niall giggled and shushed him. “I’m fine,” he said, still chuckling.

“Mate, you’re sharing food,” Harry couldn’t help but chuckle with him. Niall giggled a bit harder. “It’s coz I love you,” he grinned.

Harry blushed and looked at him, more shocked than before. “Y-you l-love me?” he repeated slowly. Niall nodded happily. “Of course I do! Louis, Liam, and Zayn too! I just want to share my food with you today!” he said in excitement.

Oh. Harry’s heart dropped a little, but he forced a smile on his face, because even if Niall didn’t love him the way he did, he was still a big part of his life. “I love you too,” he said softly. Niall smiled back and continued eating. Harry gazed at him longingly as he watched him, wishing Niall knew how much he loved him and, maybe, felt the same way.