Suspicion

The only people you would've seen if you were looking down at the land of ice, where two people, near identical, watching the landscape around them.

The twins as they were known as by the people who didn't know their true names, walked together as they were always doing.

They stopped on top of a small hill of ice, when they realized the igloos that they were seeing were part of the way of life here.

"This was our father's home."

The girl said, and her brother nodded.

"Where he intended us, to be raised no doubt my sister. He taught us, one team, you of us the ways of water, so that you would at least have that much power to one day show them if we ever did come to this place."

He said, speaking wisely as they walked down the sloping ice hills of the tribe's territory.

"Halt!" A voice echoed, and they both did as the voice said for them to do as they had no interest in trouble.

"Who are you?"

The same voice said, and they just looked at each other, and Silver turns back to where she thought the voice was coming from.

"Water and Earth Benders, born in the Earth Kingdom. Our father was once a soldier of yours."

She said, and a laugh came from where she had expected the voice had been hiding. "Prove it!" He said.

Silver shut her eyes, holding out her palms facing towards the ice. A loud rumbling sound came from all around her, as the water crashed hard against the surface of the ice.

Now ever slowly the water begins to crack it as the pressure begins to build more and more around the bender.

"Enough!" The voice said, and then Silver opened her eyes, and her hands went up hard.

The ice had cracked a single and final time, before finally exploding, behind her, as icy water reared up, becoming a huge tidal wave.

Then, when the boy revealed himself, it froze in the place where it had been stayed.

Silver stumbled, and shook her head.

"You are a Waterbender, or whatever it is that you all call it. I see that now... But who are you anyways?"

The boy said. "We're twins."

Drin said, and Silver nodded.

"That's Drin, I am a very much smarter version of him." She said, as Drin lightly glared at her.

"Well that is Silver, who is a Waterbender clearly. I'm the Earthbender of us two."

Drin said, and the boy nodded. "I'm Sokka, leader of the defense of those of us who are in the Southern Water Tribe."

The boy said, and Silver nodded slightly at him. "Is there any at all warrior son of the South? Is there any Waterbenders left in your tribe?"

She asked, as she stood up on her own, avoiding Drin's arms, before a slight shake of her head told him she was very much serious this time.

"One." Sokka finally said, and he led the way back towards the village and there they were met by the elders as well as the children of the village.

"Sokka! Who are these strange people? How do we know that they are not of the Fire Nation?"

An old woman said, coming forward to face the twins, who stood in silence as they let her observe them.

"Names?" She asks sharply, and Silver nodded. "I am Silver and this is Drin. I know our father was once one of you, and yours. I am the living proof."

She said, and the ice crackled, and a small hole of ice appears, and now it was widening quickly and the water rose out of it following Silver's hand.

"And you? What can you do?" The old woman snapped at Drin who looked a bit startled from the sudden voice.

"I am a Earthbender ma'am." He said, and she looked at him. "Born of Earth and Water. The both of you. Born one of each."

She said, and Silver looked at Drin, her eyes full of uncertainty about how much they should reveal, and Drin nodded.

"Not exactly ma'am. I can also bend Earth, although not nearly as well as I can bend water. I am nearing a very big, and great milestone in becoming a great Waterbender. My tutor from a place of Waterbending prowess, said I could perhaps be a master one day."

Silver said. "Sokka!"

A girl shouted and when Sokka turned around, then Silver was able to see a girl that was clearly his sister, sharing similar features.

"Katara." The boy said, and Silver looked at Drin who put his arm on her shoulders, gently enough to still be supporting her and also just enough to remind her that he was there.

"Who are they?"

The young girl asked, her eyes widening at the sight. "One's a Water Magician like you, and the other's an Earth one."

Sokka said, and Katara squealed with surprise, and a wave of water, soaked Sokka, who glared at her.

"Drin I think we found the Waterbender." Silver said, a small smile was now creeping up, and was quick to come onto her face.

"Which one of you is the Waterbender? Can you teach me? I've always wanted to learn."

Katara said, and Silver smiled at the excited young girl. "Yes I can perhaps teach you a few tricks. But nothing to advanced."

She said, and another wave immediately reared up from Katara's clear excitement.

Silver waved her hand, and it fell back into the water. "Like that! Can you teach me that?" Katara said.

"Alright. But for now, we would like to see the village." Silver said and Katara dragged her away, immediately to see the entire village.

Which was where it would seem, that their father had in fact been raised, at a point in time until he left.