The Badge Along with the Burden

I don't own RWBY. RWBY is owned by Rooster Teeth and was created by Monty Oum. I only own my OCs.

Adam was walking around the premises of Beacon. He was currently by the CCT. Adam was wondering why no one was to be seen. The world around him was dark red, so maybe the sun was setting and everyone was in their respective rooms. Adam kept walking. He didn't know what was happening and he wanted answers. Adam walked until he heard a scream. Adam ran to the origin of the sound, and he saw him. Adam saw Ace, smiling like a demon with his beringel mask on. Adam put his hand on Wilt as Ace readied his claw gauntlets. Adam rushed Ace and sliced upward, hoping to cut off his arm, only for Ace to dodge, and cut off Yang's instead.

Adam burst up out of his bed, his ocean blue eyes as small as olives. He was panting heavily. He looked around at the room and calmed down once he realized that the nightmare wasn't real. He patted his pillow and mattress to find they were both covered in cold sweat. Had that been Adam before he came to Beacon, he wouldn't have cared. In fact, he probably would've woke up with a smile at the fact he hurt a human. But after getting to know Yang a little, that scared him. He wasn't as concerned about him cutting off Yang's arm in that nightmare as he should, but he was instead concerned how that would've happened. How was Ace able to get him to do that? Adam didn't know, and he didn't like it. Adam checked his scroll for the time. 3:00 AM, it said. Adam got up and went into the shower. After shampooing his hair and washing his body, he got out and put on his clothes. He looked at his symbol on the jacket before he put it on. He grabbed his hat and threw it on his head to hide his horns.

He walked around Beacon, trying to get his thoughts together. He was looking at the tower. Adam sighed and started walking back toward his team's dorm. After a few minutes of walking, Adam made it to his dorm where he heard a whistle being blown. Adam, being curious, opened the door to the room. "Oh, hi Adam!" Yang said. Adam's nightmare appeared in his head and what he did. "Hey, are you ok Adam? You look a little pale." Adam looked to Yang. He couldn't stop seeing her arm detaching from her body. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for asking." Adam Said. Ruby rushed back to where Adam and Yang were and said, "Alright! Yang, Adam, Weiss, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission! BANZAI!" Ruby said with Yang, tilting to the right with their hands in the air. Adam shrugged. "BANZAI!" He shouted while falling into the same pose they were in. They all started decorating. Adam put all the books he bought in a bookshelf except one Blake loved to read. Her "adult literature" as she put during one of their talks. He put all the dust he had on a shelf near his bed, it was neatly organized. Ruby put up some curtains for the window, only to cut them with Crescent Rose. Thankfully, Adam knew a good amount about sowing from repairing his suit after training.

After everyone was done decorating, they looked at the room. The beds were all piled up. Everything else looked good though. "There is absolutely no way this will work." Adam said, seeing the beds piled like that. "It does seem a bit cramped." Ruby said. "Maybe we should ditch some of our stuff." Yang suggested. "Well, I'm sure the Schnee brought enough to fill this room ten times over." Adam said, trying to get her stuff out. "Maybe we can come up with an idea that doesn't involve throwing away my stuff." Weiss said, furious that Adam suggested such a thing. "We could ditch the bed beds, and replace them with bunk beds!" Ruby said. Adam thought that was viable. It saved space for their stuff and still gave them somewhere to sleep. "I'm down sis!" Yang said. "It could certainly save space." Adam put his thoughts in. "I'm highly against this idea. I think we should put it to a vote." Weiss said, clearly not liking this idea. "I think we just did." Ruby said and the vote continued. It was 3 to 1 in favor of bunk beds. Adam cut of the legs on his and Weiss's bed to give more space for Ruby and Yang on the top beds. He then took those legs and used them to balance Ruby's bed above his own. He took two of the spare curtains and used it to have a cover for when his teammates were getting dressed, if he happened to be in the room. Yang's bed was held up by a rope. Ruby had the same idea as Adam and used a sheet to cover her bed whenever she wanted.