Chapter 3: Dead Silence

"What the fuck?!" Said Tatsuya, Gwen laughs it off and looks at Tatsuya, ready to mock him "It seems like you need a babysitter~~" Tatsuya felt furious and replies Gwen with "Hey it's just my mom overreacting! I don't need a babysitter, I am independent, and also you don't have the right to take my pizza!" Gwen smirks and claims "Relax, it's mine, you still have your pizza" Tatsuya's anger starts to fade, Tatsuya invited Gwen to play a friendly game of Underworld, which is a practive 1v1 game,

Crimson Demon starts to get ready, "Give me your all, I won't lose life points" Platinum Mammoth replies with "I know Crimson Demon, it's a battle to improve my aiming and your speed" Mammoth starts her Mammoth Kingdom and starts aiming Demon, Demon starts to feel pain as he cant achieve that speed yet, his leg starts to light up, he starts gaining his speed and dodges Mammoth's Bombs, but since that battle, Gwen learned more to aim, she starts to aim, decreasing Demon's health every second, he starts to struggle in dodging, as each pain go, Demon's wing starts to show and flew towards the Mammoth King, he punched the metal and resulted in a huge dent, but it's not over for Platinum Mammoth.. NUCLEAR RAIN!
Demon was caught off guard on that one and he ended up losing.

Tatsuya wakes up and realises that they have to sleep since it took a long time for them to eat, Tatsuya asked Gwen "Where are you sleeping?" Gwen replies "Your mother's room" Tatsuya nods and they went into their respective rooms, the next day is a weekend so they do not have school, they invited Ken over since he knew more about Underworld.
They asked Ken how long have Ken played Underworld, Ken said 30 years, they were all shocked, but Ken replied, only 1 year, but 30 years in game equals 1 year in real life, Tatsuya realises that when you play the game , your consciousness is older than your body itself
Ken warned them about jailbroken Underworld, Gwen asked what is it? Ken replies "Underworld is a game program for fun and survival, but once you have jailbroken it, you could use the acceleration on your physical body itself" Ken invites them to World Field, which is their real world, but the world is more accelerated, 30 minutes equals to 0.50 miliseconds.

Ken explains to them that once they die in the mode, they will lose 30 points, instead of 10, they will have to wait 30 minutes to respawn, and the World Field is used by many players to practice their powers.

They logged in and ask what's going on, Vanta Drake told them that there's a dangerous event, that invites player to fight magma boss, who wins can obtain the power of Magma, it is extremely sensitive to sounds, and this day is the event day, Magma spawns and all player runs and a riot starts, Magma starts to kill almost everyone while Tatsuya, Gwen and Ken are watching and observing, they have mouth binders and soundproof armaments, the players starts to clash, the players starts killing each other, the player's population dangerously and rapidly decreases, until Gwen, Tatsuya and Ken strikes to slay Magma until they were restricted by a shied, a tall and skinny man slowly come and kills Magma, his humongous and rocky hand starts heat up, it cracks and show lava from the inside, that is, Magma's power. The man shouts "BEHOLD! I am the slayer of Magma, I am EMERALD GUARDIAN!" Everyone who respawned chanted and  branded Emerald Guardian as the new bearer of Magma's power.

Emerald Guardian challenges Platinum Mammoth, Crimson Demon and Vanta Drake, before he manages to battle them 3, they logged out and called it a day.

2 days later, Tatsuya and Gwen's Junior high school, Digital Academy, hosted a Kendo club, Tatsuya felt intrigued and joined the Kendo club. Gwen joined the WW2 History Club.
Ken told them he knew the identity of Emerald Guardian, he's a member of the kendo club, Daisuke Mido.

On the day of a practice match, Tatsuya looks at Daisuke, Daisuke asks what's wrong, Tatsuya acted rashly and challenged him to a duel, they arrived, he sees Daisuke's form, his arms are humongous, Tatsuya starts to run towards Daisuke, but Daisuke, Emerald Guardian deflected his attack and countered it by punching him, Tatsuya said screams, Emerald Guardian laughs at Crimson Demon and then he steps on Crimson Demon's face "You don't have what it takes to play Underworld, loser" he crushes Crimson Demon's face into an uncountable amount of metal parts. Tatsuya wakes up and sees Daisuke smiling at him, in a mocking way.

They went home and saw Ken waiting for them at the park, Ken told them that apparently Daisuke is a level 21 player, and he had played for apparently for 2 months, which is equivalent to 10 years in game, they began planning their counterattack and challenged him to a duel.
Emerald Guardian appears "It seems like you want a counterattack because you are a sore loser" Crimson Demon learned his mistake and didn't act rashly this time, Platinum Mammoth and Vanta Drake are now ready to fight.

To be continued..