Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"Ah, true, but you eat a poor defenseless cow." He said taking a bite of my rabbit.

Sticking my tongue out, I slowly take a bite out of the rabbit. I tried reminding myself that it was "chicken", but after a while it turned out to be even better than chicken, "I will never doubt you again."

The sun grew dim as we walked through the streets of Dublin with ice cream in our hands. We tried each others flavors, mine being pistachio and his being cotton candy. Niall had his left hand on my waist and my head on his chest as he whispered funny jokes in my ear. I tried not to snort, but there were times I couldn't help myself. 

Those were the thoughts that ran through my mind as dreams filled of what God had in mind for the rest of my time in Ireland. Thanks God....

"What do you think?" I asked Shay, twirling around in my sea foam colored dress, "Is this too formal for the festival?"

Shay smirked, "I think you look lovely, now let me braid your hair. I swear, sometimes it's harder to get you to sit down than my wee cousins." 

Laughing, I watched her braid my long locks, "Thanks for everything, Shay."

"Oh please, we haven't spend enough time together yet!" She sighed, "I suppose it's partly my fault, working at a museum can be a tad overwhelming. Then again, you seem to keep yourself busy with Niall."

Waving my hand, I said, "Yeah, yeah."

We both looked at each and giggled just as Aunt Gina knocked on the door, "The boys are here, are you both ready? We're going to be late!"

"Just a moment more Gina, getting this bit of hair braided." Shay said as Aunt Gina neared us.

"Both of you are such lovely girls," Aunt Gina smiled, "I'm glad you both met."

We walked down the stairs arm and arm as if we were old friends laughing about nonsense when I noticed how red Niall's face as he stood there next to Ronan and Camden who were talking to Uncle Declan. Niall's eyes switched from Uncle Declan to me, he smiled brightly as he came up to hug me.

"You look lovely, as always." Niall whispered in my ear.

"Gee thanks." I blushed. Our fingers entwined before reality appeared before my very eyes and I let go of his firm hands, "You're still with Nastia. I can't."

Niall's smiled turned into a feint expression, "Oh right." I felt bad for letting go of his embrace, but I couldn't encourage "us" if there was still "them."

Ronan politely opened the door for Shay and I as we all hopped into his Bentley. Aunt Gina, Uncle Declan, Cait, Eileen, and Camden were in the other car happy to see the "young ones" bonding. "Don't dirve too fast, Ronan!" Cait instructed her grandson.

"Of course, Gran'ma'." Ronan shrugged, "No need to worry." We all waved as we drove to St. Mary's. 

It didn't take long before Niall put the radio on and started bopping his head to the rap music. Shay rolled her eyes and told him change the radio channel to find Michael Bublé. I started singing along with Shay. Ronan laughed and started singing along followed with Niall. 

Joy filled the car, reminding me about the times with Evelyn and Josie. My heart sank a little bit thinking about them. No worries, they'll be here to visit you! I looked up at the sky and thought of how Toby used to say he would find a way to fly all the way to sun. Oh Toby...Sadie...Mom....

Almost by coinsidence I felt my phone vibrate:

Sadie: Hey Sis! Got your pic! Ronan is CUTE!!! Ah! Is that girl next to him his girlfriend? -_-"