Chapter Sixteen

"Hey Auddie, how was school today?" Mom asked as I closed the door.

"Pretty good, I guess." I sighed, "I'm just glad tomorrow's Friday."

"Well, I think I know what will make you happy. There's a letter for you."

I snapped my head to the kitchen counter and found a letter from NYU waiting to be opened. Without hesitation, I ripped open the envelope, I skimmed through most of it until the very ending:

   We are pleased to welcome you into our music program this upcoming year. You have shown much expertise as a musician in which we hope you can continue to excel as you join for you freshman year. There will be an orientation on the nineteenth of August and we hope to see you there.

                             Thank you,

                             New York University Music Program 

My hands started to shake as I put the letter down. This was the best piece of news that I had gotten that April. Mom looked at me waiting for something to come out of my mouth. "I--I got in."

Mom threw the bills in the air and started to jump around, "I'm so happy for you, honey!" She gave me a hug, "I would think you'd be jumping around, too."

"I'm happy, it's just such a shock." I smiled. 

"Oh honey, I'm so proud of you. Wait until I tell your father." Mom rubbed my shoulders before grabbing her phone.

AWalsh311: Future Bobcat! Can't believe I'm going to NYU! AH!!!

EleanorJCalder: @AWalsh311 Yay! I knew you could do it! xo

Louis_Tomlinson: @AWalsh311 Proud of you, love!

Real_Liam_Payne: Guess we'll have to visit New York more often, huh? :)

AWalsh: @EleanorJCalder @Louis_Tomlinson Thanks you guys! xo @Real_Liam_Payne You all better! :)

Saturday night, Evelyn and Josie decided to take me out for dinner to celebrate. They wouldn't even let me pay which was odd. Both of them knew I liked to pick out lots of food, but they wanted to treat me well that night. 

"So are you going to get an apartment?" Josie asked. 

"Probably just a dorm. Not too exciting." I shrugged. But at the end of the day, I didn't care. I wasn't going to NYU and that's all that mattered, "So have you gotten a call back from Julliard?"

"Not yet." Josie flipped one of her blond locks, "But they should be calling soon."

I smiled as I sipped my iced tea, "What about you, Ev?"

"Well, I went to UCLA last weekend for the interview. They promised me they'd tell me with in the next month." Evelyn responded.

"I can't believe it. One more month and then we're finally college students." I sighed, "I never thought this day would come."

Our waiter came with our food, "There you go, beautiful." He winked at me. I gave him a nasty stare in which his cocky smile turned into a scared expression.

Once he left, Josie said, "Wow, Auddie. Do you plan on being a nun? Because you keep chasing guys away who show some interest in you."

"You know, Josie, I have been considering that." I said taking a bite of my shrimp dinner.

"So I guess you and Jackson aren't going out?" Evelyn whimpered.

"Why does everyone think I need to have a boyfriend? I mean seriously, I have you guys telling me to go out with Jackson and then I have half the world begging me to be with Niall." Fury swelled in me. For once in my life, I wish people didn't always ask something of me.