Chapter Fifteen

I wrinkled my nose as I watched Josie slowly start curling my hair. Please don't burn my hair, please don't burn my hair. Prom was only a few hours away and excitement was brewing in my house. Evelyn and Josie decided to come and get ready at my house right as the clock struck twelve o'clock in the afternoon. I was fine with it, but the fact that I was going to enjoy taking a bite out of a Fuddrucker's burger would've been nice.

"Do you think this looks alright?" Evelyn asked showing us a pair of pearl earrings, "Because I don't want Travis to think I'm trying to over dress."

"They look nice, Ev." I smiled as I turned back to watch Josie burn my hair.

"Stop looking so worried, Auddie." Josie scoffed, "Your mom has taught me how to use this thing."

"I'm pretty sure I caught you texting Harry when she was teaching you," I responded. Evelyn looked at Josie's dumbfounded face and began to laugh.

"Whatever, I have this under control." She said calmly. Crossing my fingers, I gave a deep sigh and closed my eyes.

Soon enough, Josie finished curling my hair and it turned out better than I thought. My dark long locks looked like perfection. I applied a bit of eyeshadow, not really in the mood to go wild on the make up if you know what I mean. Once I had that over with, I slipped into my dress and twirled around. Yup, this was a good bargain. 

"Well, I'm off." I said leaving my room.

"Where are you going?" Evelyn said as she straightened her hair.

"I'm going to eat that burger that I left downstairs to put this on." I said pointing to my dress as I left.

Well, eating that burger wasn't my brightest idea. I got a small stain on my dress. But it wasn't just any small stain. It's the kind of small stain that just drives you nuts if you don't clean it. So there I was while my mother came up with one of her Italian tricks for stains as Evelyn and Josie stared in shock. It was almost six o'clock and everyone was going to be here. 

"This is the nastiest stain I've ever had to clean. You're worse than your father!" Mom exclaimed.

"Like father like daughter, ey?" Josie nudged Evelyn.

I stuck my tongue out as I heard my phone ringing, "Hello?"

"We want to see pictures of your prom! Is that understood, Audrey?" Zayn's voice rang out.

I laughed a little bit, "Of course, Zayn. You've got it."

"Does Josie look hot?" Harry's voice was heard in the background.

"Yes, Harry. Very hot." I said as I heard Harry say a little "yes".

"I heard it was a vintage dress, is true?" Eleanor's voice came in.

"Yup, well, it's vintage inspired." I responded. Eleanor and I had gotten a bit close since our first Skype meeting. She was certainly a lovely girl and we actually had many things in common. And wasn't just our distaste for a certain Nastia Highlander.

"I can't wait to see you in it, babe!" She said, "And I hope this Jackson boy is  good looking!"

"Am I not good looking enough for you?" Louis' asked in the background.

Eleanor sighed, "You already know that you're good looking."

"Very true." Louis said, "Have fun tonight, love! We miss you!"

"Miss you guys, too!" I smiled as I hung up.

Mom was still having a tough time trying to get the stain and I was afraid it was going to get worse. Did this really have to happened? Maybe I should change my diet...