Chapter Thirteen

When I got home, the first thing that came out of my mom's and Toby's mouth was "How was the audition?" I smiled as I recalled how I think I hit it out of the ball park. Toby asked about Niall; it seemed that my brother enjoyed having a nice talk with Niall when they were trying to come up with a devious plan to wake me up that morning.

Giving a deep breath, I told him that Niall left just recently. But I told Toby not to worry, we could Skype him any time we wanted to. Mom came a gave me a warm hug, "Are you sure that Niall and you don't have anything going on? There's nothing to be ashamed of, he's not such a bad kid."

"No, really Mom. We're friends. I just really miss him." I said trying to keep on my fake smile.

I slept peacefully that night. And honestly, it came to a surprise to me. But I welcomed it so I slept soundly until I felt my phone buzzing on my bedside table. "Hello?" I said groggily. I looked at my alarm clock. Three o'clock in the morning.

"AUDDIE!" Louis' voice screamed in my ear, "NIALL'S BACK IN ENGLAND!"

I wondered why Louis' always seemed to have energy. Always. "That's great, Louis." 

"Hold on, I want to talk to Auddie!" I heard Harry's voice, "Hey Auddie, I miss and love you! How are you?"

"Miss and love you too, Harry." I said, "I'm doing good, thanks for asking."

"That's great, love. Say, how's Josie doing--"

"Lads, give me back my phone!" Niall's muffled voice could be heard in the background. 

"But Niall...we wanted to talk to her." Louis said.

Obviously, Niall had the phone back because I heard his voice, "Hey Auddie. Were you sleeping?"

"Yeah, I was." I said, "But it's okay, I'm glad you called me."

"Well, I'll call you later. Miss you, American girl." I bet Niall was smiling.

"Miss you too, Irish boy." I said wanting so much to have him in my arms again.

The next few weeks were better than I had anticipated. Josie, Evelyn, and I were making lots of plans for prom and we decided to go dress shopping. Evelyn was still hoping that her beloved Travis would ask her to prom. Josie, on the other hand, didn't want anyone to ask her any longer. She had her mind stuck on Harry Styles. So apparently her master plan of making Harry fall in love with her did work. They were non stop texting no matter the time zones. 

"He's so adorable and has like the cutest kittens ever! Harry's always sending me pictures." Josie squealed. Evelyn and I just rolled our eyes.

Honestly, I was a bit jealous of Josie and Harry. They seemed to care about each other a lot. I mean, sure, I skyped Niall a few times. But lately, it seemed that he was much busier than usual and went out drinking with his friends more often than not. 

"So how are you and Niall doing?" Evelyn asked picking out a gold dress.

"Doing okay I guess. You know, as good as a friendship can get." I sighed.

"I'm sorry." 

"I'll live." I replied.

"Well, from what I heard from Natalie is that Jackson has been asking for you recently." Josie said eyeing a cute green gown.

"What?" I turned around to look at her face.

"Yeah," Josie twirled modeling with the dress in front of her, "Hasn't he tried to call you or something?"