Chapter Twelve

"How did it go?" Niall said as I walked out of the music room. He grabbed me immediately after he saw the tears running down my face.

"It was fine," I sniffled, "I guess, I showed too much passion in my music."

We both laughed as Niall wrapped his arms tighter around me, "Good, that's what you needed to do." 

"Niall?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we go eat some Chinese food? I need it." I said smiling weakly. Niall smirked and nodded his head.

I'm pretty much ran all the way to General Tao's. Niall was huffing and puffing behind me, but all I wanted was my comfort food. Opening the door, I could smell a whiff of the best food on the planet. Lee's beaming face brightened as he saw us coming in, "Hey Auddie!"

"Hey Lee." I smiled.

"Good audition, right?" 

"Very good audition." Niall added.

"Good, good." Lee said happily, "This way."

We sat at my usual place and I looked at the menu debating whether to get all of the menu or just half. I could hear Niall laughing and I looked up at him, shaking my head, "What?"

"You're cute when you're hungry." 

I blushed a little bit, "So nice of you to say." 

After much thought, I decided I would get the shrimp with cashews. Lee came over and took our orders only to return with our meals in less than fifteen minutes. I ate quietly not wanting to say a word. Just happy that I survived my audition. I tried not thinking about Dad, no matter how much my mind wanted me to.

Then something struck in me, "Niall, when are you leaving?"

"Tonight." He mumbled under his breath.

My eyes grew wide. All this time, I enveloped myself in my self pity and I didn't spend any time with Niall like I had promised. "I--I told you we could hang out before you left. And then I was so selfish. I'm sorry."

He smiled a little bit, "You were having a rough week, it's alright."

I pondered what Niall said before replying, "No. It was wrong. I should've tried to make the best of my situation and I didn't."

"Well, let's make the best of this situation and have some fun before I go?" Niall smiled.

After finishing our food, we ran towards Central Park. I grabbed Niall's hand and led him towards one of my favorite spots. The skateboarding rink. I tried doing the cool skateboarding tricks at the rink when I was younger. Teo was better at it than me. Too bad we were both competitive, maybe I would've congratulated him. Instead, I just told him I hated him and we could never be cousins again. Teo cried when I said that for hours.

I must've been to incredibly too happy at that moment because Niall laughed, "Do you want to go skateboarding?"

"Oh, no." I said, "I just like watching."

"Well that's boring." Niall scoffed, "Come on!"

He dragged me to the Rockefeller Center where they had an ice skating rink. I looked at the ice and started shaking my head. Last time I went ice skating, my butt never wanted to touch the cold surface ever again. "I'm not sure about this, Niall." I trembled.

Niall went up and got some ice skates and handed me a pair, "There you go, love."

"Niall--"

"Nope, don't want to hear it!" Niall scolded.