Chapter 36

(Patrick's POV)

I wake up to the sound of vomiting. In between the sounds I hear, "Oh. My. Gosh. Please. Stop. I. Hate. This." It was Kristina.

I flip out. I jump out of my bed and run into the bathroom. Little did I know, all of the guys were up, too. When I get in the bathroom, I immediately hold up her hair with one hand and rub her back with the other.

"It's okay. Let it all out. Are you okay?" I ask.

"No," she says, breathing heavily before she gets sick again.

"It's okay. Just let it out," I say.

"I. Am," she says in the same voice.

"Can one of you drive to the doctor's?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'll drive," Andy says.

Within the next minute, she stops vomiting. She breathes heavily still trying to catch her breath. With her head still hanging, she whips her eyes and forehead with her hands and then flushes the toilet. I let go of her hair and dampen a cloth for her. I hand it to her and she whips off her nose and mouth. She slowly stands up.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"I don't feel good," she says, clinching her stomach and sniffling. I put my hand on her forehead.

"You are burning up," I say.

"I feel like it," she mumbles, exhausted.

"Come on. Let's get you laid down, okay?" I ask. She nods and I help her to the couch. I sit down and she lays down with her head in my lap. I start rubbing her forehead, hoping that it is comforting her. I don't know what works for her when she is sick because she has never been sick with me before.

"What's wrong, kiddo?" Joe asks from the chair across from us.

"I don't feel good," she says.

"What hurts?" He asks.

"My stomach and my head," she answers.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart," he says.

"It's okay," she mumbles.

"Come on, honey. Let's try to sleep," I say as I rub her forehead. "Just close your eyes." She slowly closes her eyes and them she is out of it, once again.

"What time is it?" Pete asks, rubbing his eyes.

"It is," Joe starts while pulling out his phone, "2 in the morning."

"Dang. There isn't going to be a doctor's office open this early," Andy says.

"Well, we have to go somewhere. We can't just let her suffer," I say, still rubbing her forehead.

"Would the emergency room be okay? I mean, when I was younger and I was sick when the doctor's was closed, my mom took me to the emergency room," Joe says.

"It's worth a shot," I say.

"I am heading that way, but I don't know my way around Cleveland," Andy says.

"I've got this," Pete says, typing something into the GPS.

"I am going to back to bed. When I wake up, tell me how the kiddo is doing," Joe says.

"Same here," Pete says as they walk to their bunks.

"I will," I yawn. I am really tired myself, but I need to stay awake for Kristina.

"We should get there in about 10 minutes since there isn't much traffic," Andy says.

"Okay. Thanks for driving, man," I say.