Chapter 12

(Kristina's POV)

Everybody is up from their nap about an hour later, then we all take showers. By the time this is done, it's 2.

"Now what?" I ask once we are all downstairs.

"Well, we are all dressed so why don't we go somewhere?" Mom suggests.

"Where?" Dad asks.

"Can we go to the movies?" I ask.

"Yeah, sure!" Mom says. "What do you want to go see?"

"How about Mr. Peabody and Sherman?" I say excitedly.

"You like cartoon movies?" Dad laughs.

"And you don't?" I tease.

"Touché," he says. Mom laughs and we get in the car. The ride is quiet expect for the radio. When we are about half way there, Alone Together comes on.

"Hmmm, this sounds awfully familiar," I joke.

"Yeah, it does," Mom says. "I feel like I heard it before, but I just can't put my finger on who sings it."

Dad gives us pathetic looks and I say, "I don't know. Sounds an awful lot like them Panic! At The Disco boys." Mom laughs.

"Very funny, guys. Very funny," Dad says, not amused.

"You've got to admit," I say, "it is pretty funny."

"A little," Dad says. "You know what? This is just awkward." With that, he turns off the radio.

"Hey! I liked that song!" I say.

"Oh, hush. You live with the singer. You can hear it anytime you want to," Dad says.

"Boy, you are just no fun," Mom jokes.

"Actually, I'm a lot of fun," Dad defends.

We all laugh as he pulls into the parking lot. We go in, get the tickets and snacks, and sit in the very back seat of the movie theater.

"Want some popcorn?" Dad asks.

"No, thanks. I have a thing where I don't eat popcorn until the movie starts," I say.

"You are weird," Dad laughs. If I knew he wasn't joking, I'd be very offended.

"Yes I am. I get that from you," I smile at him. He gives me scrunched up face, and I give him one back.

"What are you two doing?" Mom asks, jokingly concerned.

"Nothing," Dad says, breaking his facial expression.

"Like father like daughter," Mom says.

"Yes, we already established this," I say laughing.

The movie begins to play, and I reach for popcorn. The bag is empty.

"Where did the popcorn go?" I ask.

"No. It's 'Where Did The Party Go?'" Dad jokes.

"You really like making puns about your song titles, don't you?" I ask.

"Yep. Anyways, I ate it," Dad says.

"Holy smokes! You ate that whole bag?!" I ask.

"That's my line!" Dad says.

"I said 'holy smokes' before I knew you existed," I say.

"Here, you can have the Twizzlers," Dad says handing me the bag. I take it and pull one out. I see Dad reach his hand over to grab one, so I pull the candy quickly to my chest.