Chapter 24

(Kristina's POV)

"What's wrong?" Uncle Joe asks.

"The bus died," Uncle Andy sighs as he hits the steering wheel.

"Right when I press end," I mumble to were nobody could hear me. I thought the timing was hilarious!

"You just had to press end! You needed to end the call, not the bus ride!" Dad yells, while laughing. I guess somebody could hear me.

"Hey! It's not my fault!" I jokingly defend.

"Mmm-hmmm. That's what they all say," Uncle Pete says.

"Oh, hush!" I laugh.

"Well, we need to go look at it now," Uncle Andy says.

"Alright," Daddy says, clapping his hands together.

We all get off, but before I even get to the steps, Uncle Joe stops me by grabbing my shoulders.

"I don't think you need to get off," he says.

"Oh, and why is that?" I ask.

"This is a man's job," he says with a smug look.

"Sexist," I say, turning my head to look the other way, jokingly.

"You couldn't do it anyways. You don't know anything about cars," Uncle Joe says.

"And four grown men whose idea of a good time is playing XBOX can?" I smirk.

"Hush, and stay in the bus," he says jokingly annoyed.

I just laugh and turn around to get on the bus. We are going to be here a while. They know nothing about cars.

(Patrick's POV)

I notice Joe and Kristina weren't out here, yet. They are probably talking. A minute later, Joe walks out by himself.

"What was all that about?" I ask.

"I told your kiddo this is a man's job, and ordered for her to stay on the bus. She listened," Joe smirks.

"Why do I get a feeling that's not how it happened?" I ask.

"Because it wasn't," Pete says. Everybody laughs, except Joe. Andy opens the hood of the bus, which almost knocked Pete over because he wasn't looking. We walk up too it and stand under the hood to look at the engine.

"Does anybody know what we are looking for?" Andy asks after we stare at it for 15 minutes.

"I don't even know what I'm looking at," Pete said.

"I do. Wires," I say.

"Let's just look to see if we notice anything apparently wrong," Joe says. We look around for about 30 minutes, then Kristina comes out. "I told you this was a man's job."

"You four aren't the 'man' doing the job," she says, laughing. "Let me take a look."

"And why should we do this?" I ask.

"Sorry, Daddy, but 45 minutes is too long to fix a bus. The least I can do is look," she says.

"Take it away," I say. We all back up. She looks around for a second, then she stops to say something.

"Well, first of all, this wire wasn't on at all," she says, picking it up. She quickly puts it on. She then takes a minutes to move her hand over all the wires. "They aren't any loose ones," she says, turning around. "Did you try checking the battery?" She asks.

"No," Joe says.

"Do you have a voltmeter?" She asks.

"A what?" Pete asks.