Chapter 31

(Patrick's POV)

I wake up to somebody pounding on the door. I look at the clock, and it's nine. Kristina and I are both rolling around trying to function. Eventually, Kristina stumbles up and walks to the door.

"It's Uncle Pete," she says, looking through the peep hole.

"Of course it is," I moan. She opens the door, and walks back to her bed to crawl in. Pete walks in.

"Hey, Stumps," he says.

We moan and hide under our pillows. We are not morning people.

"Come on! Get up!" He exclaims, taking the pillows off of us.

"Why?" Kristina moans.

"We are going to an amusement park," Pete says.

"Are you serious?" Kristina sits up.

"Yeah," Pete laughs.

"Awesome!" Kristina exclaims. "But my swimsuit is still wet."

"They have roller coasters. We weren't planning on doing the swimming stuff anyways," Pete says.

"When were you planning on telling us?" I ask, sitting up.

"Now, obviously," Pete says.

"That's nice," I sarcastically say.

"Get ready. We leave in 30 minutes," Pete says.

"Awesome," Kristina says. As she starts to get up, Pete leaves.

"Good thing we took showers last night, huh?" I ask.

"Yeah. We would never get done in time if we didn't," Kristina says.

"You go get dressed. I'll change in here," I order.

"Alright," she says.

She grabs her clothes and goes to the bathroom. I change into shorts, a tee shirt, and a straw fedora I bought for this trip. Right after I get dressed, she comes out wearing her tomboy outfit she got Saturday. She also has her curly hair in a crooked ponytail on top of her head with her side bangs on the opposite side of the ponytail. She looked very adorable.

"Whoa! You are wearing shorts in public! Actual khaki shorts!" She exclaims.

"We are in Hawaii. I'm not wearing skinny jeans in the hot weather," I say.

"True, but you've never done this before," she says.

"First time for everything, right?" I ask.

"Yeah, I guess," she says. She walks to the the mirror to put on her make up, and I go in the bathroom to do my hair. Soon, she comes in to brush her teeth. I brush mine, too. We are finished 15 minutes before we have to leave.

"What do you want to do for the next 15 minutes?" I ask.

"Breakfast?" She asks.

"Sounds good," I say. I grab the room key, and we head down stairs.

Everybody had the same idea as us because they are eating breakfast, too.

"Why are you always the last one ready?" Dallon asks me.

"I have another person in my room. We have to share a bathroom and you don't," I say.

"Plus, she's a girl, and they are always slow," Joe says.

"I heard that!" Kristina exclaims from the waffle maker.

"You were supposed to!" Joe says back. She just rolls her eyes as everybody laughs.