Twenty Two (Filler)

"Le-le let m- me go!" I croaked out. I clawed at his face urgently as I began to close my eyes fearing he wouldn't let go. I felt his skin beneath my nails seeing blood drip from the side of his face he tossed me to the ground. I couldn't move due to the shock that he he'd put his hands on me. I scooted back away from him on the tiled floor with both hurt and fear in my eyes.

Anir ran his hands down his face before punching a hole into the nearest wall. "Look what you made me do! Now I'm fucking bleeding, you trying set me up or some shit?" He quizzed now hovering his muscular body over me as I scooted back as far as I could until I was backed into a corner. Tears streamed down my face and I didn't know what to do. Running would be too risky. "No! I wouldn't do that!" I cried out.

"Then why the fuck you come in here smelling like another nigga? Bringing randoms to my spot knowing how the fuck I'm out here hustling! Explain that shit to me!"

"I ran into a old friend okay? I promise Amir, that's all it was. It was just a friend. I gave him a hug but he got too handsy so I left the store without grabbing my things. Please Amir, I'm not lying. I promise!" I pleaded hoping my story would convince him I was telling the truth.

"Tell me the bitch nigga name then Sugar since this yo friend. How the fuck you know him?"

"Chad!" I blurted out unintentionally. "From school Amir. He used to tutor me." Amir watched me closely while he paced the floor.

Amir had a look on his face as if he was in deep thought as he pulled at his chin hairs. "I remember you saying some shit about a tutor way back before I left.." His voice softened. "Shit Sugar, I'm so sorry yo." He knelt down to grab ahold of my chin to look at him but I quickly snatched away.

"You were supposed pose to protect me." I sniffled. "I gave you my virginity and you putting your fucking hands on me!" I cried swinging at him wildly until I finally gave up. He held me closely as I let out all my emotions onto his shoulder.

"I swear I'm sorry Sugar. I didn't mean to, I promise to God. I just.. I got hard time trusting folks and you can't lie and say yo fucking story added up because it didn't. I thought you was trying to take a nigga out." He sighed. "

"Especially cause you was just fucking with the enemy. What the fuck a nigga pose to think?" I already knew he was referring to Ant. He probably wouldn't have let me go if he knew if was actually him. I know I needed to keep my distance from Anthony after this. Any man at this point. If Amir could do this after not a full month what else could he do? I had never seen this side of him before and it scared me. He could be many things to me but abusive was never something he'd do. At least I had thought... Sadly, it reminded me of how Anthony used to be.

"I don't want to be here if you're going to hurt me! Just let me go!" I screamed. "I'll live on the fucking streets before I'm abused and not trusted!" I had to convince him he could trust me. There was no way I was going to get in on his business without his trust. Although I was not going to be a Kyra for no man. Love or no love.

Amir scooped my body up into his arms as if I was baby placing kisses all over my face as I winced. "I can't make up for the shit I just pulled but at least I'm man enough to own up to my mistakes. I protected you once without you even asking. That shows you I'm here for you Sugar. Your mines and I promise I ain't ever letting you go without a fight. Now lets make you feel better.." I didn't believe a word he said right now but I was going to give him the chance. I continued to let my tears fall freely as he carried me to the bedroom. If Anthony could try to change so why couldn't Amir too?