Thirteen

A week later..

I stood in the bathroom mirror placing my mascara on before hearing a knock at the door

I stood in the bathroom mirror placing my mascara on before hearing a knock at the door. "I'm almost done!" Damn. The knock was too heavy to be Kyra's so I know who it was waiting on the other side. Ever since the kiss between me and Ant I've been trying to avoid all contact with him. My body had betrayed me once and I was not going to let that happen again. I had even went as far as to hanging back out with Kyra. Since I did her the favor of whooping her ass for whatever bullshit she'd gotten herself into we had pretty much called it even. And best believe I made sure you to not let up.

Finishing up my makeup I placed the tube of mascara in my glittery makeup bag. I took a deep breath doing a quick run through my wig before finally opening door. Anthony was still standing there using one hand to lean against the door frame for support while he blocked the doorway. "You know you really need to grow up." I crossed my arms staring at him in annoyance.

"You know you look cute today right?" He grinned.

"I know, now move before I tell." I pointed towards Kyra's room which I had moved back into.

"You remember that. You'll be back. Now you move so I can piss."

"Wait, aint it damn bathroom in your room Ant?" I questioned. His ass wasn't slick. He didn't have a full bathroom but he damn sure had his own toilet.

"Man, mind yo business." He pushed me playfully. I walked out the bathroom making sure to bump into him with my shoulder.

"Pussy." I mumbled walking away. He must've heard me because he made sure to literally kick my ass causing me to stumble before slamming the door.

The first few days were awkward between us and I was praying Kyra didn't pick up on it. Luckily for me Ant stayed away most days. When he did begin talking to me again since I planned to avoid all contact, it had been only picking just like the bathroom situation. He was such a child but I guess it was kind of cute. Although he still wasn't to be trusted completely. Hell, nobody was.

As for Amir.. I still had been keeping in contact with him. It sounded crazy to even think about. The story he'd explained to me had sounded legit. I couldn't put shit past anyone at this point because look how Kyra turned out. Amir had advised that Ant had put a hit out on him. They had got into a dispute over a female- typical. Young Anthony was hot out here before settling down with Kyra. I guess Amir had fucked Ant's old boo. Ant found out and didn't take it too lightly because they were boys. That was the real reason Amir had left me. It was all because of Ant and I guess seeing Ant it hurt me in way. Just because that simple fact he was reason I missed the opportunity of being with my first love and he knew this whole time.

I couldn't believe Ant went as far as trying to have Amir killed. It wasn't like I wasn't aware of the kind of work he did but killing people? That had to be a hell of a pussy to want Amir killed. I was just glad nothing happened to Amir and he was around to give me the real on what happened. I know what Ant had said last week about no more talking to other dudes but obviously he was holding out on me too. Seeing Amir again kind of felt like fate and I had already decided to forgive him now. Amir made me promise him to never mention his name and to also be careful because Ant could have been using me as get back since he knew we dated. I didn't want to think like that though although he could've been right.

Going into the room I sat down on my twin sized bed placing my legs beneath my purple comforter because my feet were cold. Kyra was laying down in her own bed icing her face. She still had some bruises here and there that hadn't healed completely. She didn't even acknowledge me because she was too busy tapping away on her phone. She couldn't be doing shit but playing Tetris because she had the same flip phone I had.

"So, are you ever going to tell me what really happened?" I asked. I had been dying to know and it was only us right now.

Ant told me the bullshit story Kyra told him about being beaten and kidnapped but of course I knew it was a lie. Ant believed it though. He had actually fired everyone and it was now down to Bruce and CoCo- and CoCo wasn't even completely in. He didn't want any knowing his moves unless people he trusted, he suspected Joc was the setup man behind it all. I didn't plan on telling him the truth either because I was now technically a accomplice. That "trust" he had for me would be thrown completely out the window.

Kyra placed her ice pack on her nightstand and sat up. "I let you whoop my ass, don't that satisfy you enough?" She scoffed.

I sat there with my hand on my chin looking up to the ceiling as if I was thinking. "Hmmm...no. So what the fuck is up? It's so much shit I could've told Ant that would've had your ass out of here a long tike ago. But oddly, I still love you Kyra. You can trust me. Even I can't trust you." I said seriously. Rather she believed it or not.

"And the award goes toooo, Sugar! Bravo bitch, brav-fucking-o. I can trust you but you want to fuck my nigga." Kyra spat. "I ain't fucking stupid. We cordial because I'm tired of having Ant get on my ass and save yours." She rolled her eyes laying back down.

I hated how even if I tried she would try to diss me. "You don't know shit." I got up to stand over her.

"What you wanna do Sugar?" She sat back up and I backed up giving her some space to get up. Clearly sis still had animosity towards me.

"Allll I'm saying is maybe if you did yo part yo nigga wouldn't want to fuck me." I shrugged and with the being said she shoved me hard making my phone fall. It wasn't the flip either. It was a touchscreen. Amir's touchscreen. I quickly scrambled to get it off the floor this time tucking into my panties instead of my bra. I had only placed it in my bra today because Amir had texted me this morning and I responded in the bathroom while doing my makeup.

"What the fuck is-" Kyra started but was only interrupted by  banging on the door.

"Come on!" I quickly yelled knowing it was Ant. Right on time. My heart was racing while I felt Kyra staring a hole into me.

Ant opened the door looking between us both with a stern look on his face. "I need to talk to you both, sit down." We did as told and sat down at once.

"After this kidnapping shit with Kyra I had to cut the team. I couldn't let no one know shit anymore. No drivers, guards, movers, nothing. Thing is, I still need weight moved. I got this one cat who only deal with woman homie got bread but he don't fuck with me. I respect it but yall the only woman I got. We out of drivers so I got y'all a rental."  Ant retrieved somea car keys from his pocket. I peeked over at Kyra and seen her eyes light up.

"Hell yeah, we got this." Kyra perked up. Ant tossed the keys to me quickly making Kyra facial expression change.

"Sugar more responsible so settle down aight? You just got ya ass kidnapped and whooped on and you think I'm finna let you be some kind of drug lord?" Ant laughed.

"What about Mira?" I spoke up making Kyra roll her eyes. Mira must've heard me say her name because she began to babble away in her bouncer causing me to smile.

"I got Mira. I kind of fuck with the little one." I caught him smile a bit.

"As for you Kyra, you Sugar uber. Don't except to touch them keys unless Sugar give you the okay. A chance to gain some trust back. Get ready. The first trial run today." And with that Ant left us to our own thoughts.

Soon as he left us alone again I decided to speak up. "About the phone-" I began Kyra stopped me mid sentence raising up her hand.

"I don't even want to fucking know. Just know you owe me one now." She smiled pulling her curly coils into a bun walking away.

And what the fuck was that supposed to mean?