Chapter 52

"You little..." Started Jennie as she turned to Lisa sitting next to her, burning flames dancing in her eyes. She violently got up, making the chair she was sat on fall, and that's when the Thai girl got scared.

"Hey, y-you're not going to hit me, are you?" She tried raising her hand in front of her.

"Oh? And give me one single reason why I shouldn't." Icily threatened the brunette.

"Animal cruelty?"

But before she could speak again, cheers rose from the crowd in front of them.

"AND HERE IS OUR FIRST CONTESTANT. IREEEENE BAE!!"

Applause and screams continued for a good minute as her friend walked at the center of the stage. She looked amazing, dressed as Maleficent. Deadly yet beautiful nonetheless.But as she stood there, waiting and smiling at everyone, the announcer seemed confused.

Jennie sucked in a breath, where were the others?

"AHEM. CAN THE NEXT CANDIDATE COME ON STAGE? OR WILL IRENE BE THE ONLY ONE COMPETING?"

"I'll compete!" A voice yelled from the masses and everything went silent.

Jisoo.

Under everyone's shock, the girl elegantly made her way to the stage, calmly pacing herself next to her rival, who looked at her with a mix of anger, jealousy and admiration.

If Irene was beautiful, Jisoo was ethereal.

Dressed up as what looked like an Olympian Goddess, she was simply radiating. Everything, from the gold accessories on her neck and arms, to the silky white dress hugging her waste was putting everyone in trance.

And that's when Jennie felt the danger. Lisa was right, Jisoo could definitely come out of this as the winner. But as time seemed to have stopped, claps suddenly rose up from the public. Loud, way louder than Irene's. This was bad, very bad, and Jennie's nervousness only got worse seeing her friend's expression slowly turning into a murdering one. She was going to make a scene.

"Welp, Game over I guess." She heard Lisa nonchalantly comment.

"Fuck." She internally cursed. She needed to do something. "Come on Jennie, think for God's sake!"

There was a solution. There had to be. Her brain was running fast. This was not the end. Lisa was not going to win this time.

Lisa

She stopped for a second, eyes widening.

What would Manoban do?

And as soon as the question hit her, she finally knew what she had to do.

—————————————

Jisoo was beaming, making a tremendous effort into not looking at Irene's face as she waved at the crowd.

"WELL WELL! ARE MY EYES DECEIVING ME OR IS IT INDEED JISOO KIM STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!" Yelled the announcer, who's excitement had finally returned. "WE ALL KNOW SHE'S FRIENDS WITH THE INFAMOUS LISA MANOBAN, IS SHE HERE TO TAKE REVENGE FOR THE LATTER'S DEFEAT DURING THE ELECTIONS?!"

Hysterical screams were now the only think she could hear. She felt light, completely drunken on this feeling of being the center of admiration. God, was that what fame felt like? Because she could definitely get used to it.

And not being able to help herself, she finally and proudly turned to Irene, who looked livid to say the least.

"So," she began for only the other girl to hear. "How does it feel to be the least favorite now-"