Chapter 50

Thursday, 14:00

"Alright everyone, I have taken a look at your portfolios, and I will give them back to you now. I obviously had to grade them, and I hope my evaluation will serve you for the next projects you'll have to turn in throughout the year." Announced the photography teacher as she proceeded to hand her students their work. "I'll give you some time to take a look at it before we move on, if you have any questions, come to me."

Lisa and Taehyung waited patiently, sparing occasional glances at the other students' reactions when receiving their grade. The majority of them looked disappointed.

Bad omen, the Thai girl thought. If the teacher was the very purist type of artist, she might actually not have appreciated the freestyle aspect of her work.

"M. Kim, Ms. Manoban, here are your project. Excellent job, keep up with it." Praised the older woman handing them their folder. But as she made a move to walk away, she suddenly turned around to the latter. "I would like to have a word with you if that's possible, come to me after class."

And Lisa could only nod.

"Yaaaay, highest score babyyy!" She heard Taehyung celebrate next to her. "What did you get Lis'?"

"Same." Simply answered the dark blonde haired girl, looking satisfied. "Now show me your portfolio, you sneaky genius!"

"No you first!"

"Nope, we gotta save the best for last."

"You bitch, we got the same scores!"

"Yeah, but my work is still better. Now come on, I want to see." She answered, smiling as her friend grudgingly handed her his folder.

"Wow," she commented after a while, looking at the boy's pictures. "I gotta admit, that's good work."

Taehyung had opted for a completely different direction. His photos only consisted of architectural places with the particularity of always containing a totally out of place object in them. Whether that be a hidden barbie hidden in between the walls of an ancient temple, or an old lamp laying across the main entrance of a mall, he had made sure to catch the attention of the person looking at the pictures and push them to make out sense in whatever story the image was telling.

"Yeah, it was hard at first to find something in accordance to my style of photography, but when I thought of placing anachronisms in my work, it all seemed to make sense."

"I bet," she agreed. "And you found the balance in choosing objects that didn't stand out too much in order for the spectator to also focus on the scenery they lived in. Very surprising indeed."

"Thanks Lisa." Sincerely said Taehyung, scratching his neck, a little embarrassed at her friend's compliments. "Now it's your turn. Come on, don't make me wait." He then pressed, making the girl laugh as she handed him her folder.

But as Taehyung opened the portfolio and took a peek at the first picture, he immediately closed it, looking as red as a tomato.

"Holy shit Ms. Manoban, you did not do what I think you did!" He half muttered, looking at her friend's knowing smirk. "You crazy woman! I can't believe you had the gut to choose nude art."

"Well, it actually came up as an evidence." Lisa answered as the boy was now focused on the rest of her work, looking more impressed at every page he turned.

"Wow, some of them are really explicit."

"Of course they are, I wanted them as raw looking as possible. That's how you surprise someone on a first impression."

"How did you choose the model. She made a really good job."

"I promise you, you really don't want to know." She replied, suppressing a laugh.