Chapter 40

Just like the first time they met, at Kai's party, the second floor of Jimin's house was also completely empty. Walking through the corridor, she quickly arrived to a similar sitting room.

"How long are you going to take Chicken? I don't have all night and I'm already feeling sober again." She heard as she stepped in, noticing Lisa sprawled on a couch, looking at the ceiling.

"I'll take as long as until that fucking stain disappears!" Jisoo cursed from the bathroom nearby.

Taking a deep breath, the brunette strode toward the Thai girl and took a sit in front of her, not without letting out a cough to make her presence known. This seemed to work as she saw Lisa's stare detach from the roof and plants itself in her direction.

"Ms. Jennie Kim! What a wonderful appearance." She exclaimed, pleasantly surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"Hi Manoban." Jennie greeted back. "And what do you mean by that? Am I not allowed to attend my friend's party?"

"No, I meant, what are you doing here, in this living room?" Reiterated Lisa, head tilting on her left side, a little taken aback by the brunette's harsh tone.

And that's when Jennie felt stupid.

"God damnnit." she cussed in her head. She was supposed to get closer to the taller girl, not acting like an arrogant bitch.

"Oh." She simply let out. "Uhm, I wanted to use the restroom, but it seems to be occupied."

"Yeah, and it will probably be for a while." Sighed Lisa. "You should maybe check downstairs."

"I already did, there are at least ten people queueing, I think I'll just wait until Jisoo is done." The smaller girl responded, internally praising herself for finding an excuse that quickly.

A short silence settled between them and she didn't know what to say next. Everything had happened so fast, she hadn't planned on anything to talk about. The hundreds of different scenarios she had listed throughout the week came back to her mind in an instant.

"Hey, wanna be my friend?"

"Listen Manoban, there is actually a rule in my family that says each member should share their friends. Aren't you pal with my cousin?"

"Hi. Look, I'm sorry about that but if you want to continue to attend these parties, you're going to have to hang out with more rich students, aka me."

"Hello Lisa. So I don't know under which magic it happened, but I kind of can't conceive the fact that we aren't going to be talking to each other ever. Maybe I'm a masochist or just attained of some sort of fucked up Stockholm syndrome but all I can say is that I actually like to interact with you."

Mentally strangling herself, she tried to scan around the room for some better inspiration. And as her eyes wandered, they finally spotted what could be used as a good tool for conversation. And that tool happened to be right in her left hand.

"Hey," she spoke up, raising her cocktail. "I heard you didn't want to sober up. Want some?"

She stayed like that for what felt like hours and her arm seemed heavier and heavier.

Lisa chuckled.

"What's so funny?" She inquired a little annoyed by her interlocutor's late answer.

"I don't know, last time we interacted in a similar environment, you had come to take back the alcohol I had stolen. And now you're here to give me some."

"I'm not here to give you alcohol, I just don't like this drink very much. Now do you want it or not?"

Lisa didn't say anything else, simply getting up and reaching for the glass offered to her.

"Thank you." She finally addressed as she took the recipient and went back to her spot.

"No need to thank me." Jennie crossed her arms, looking away a little bit embarrassed. "As I said, I didn't want it anyway."

The Thai girl smiled.

"And do I need to thank you for taking my defense in front of the director?" She then asked, making the brunette choke on thin air.

"What-"

"Taehyung told me." She continued, smirking. "I'm glad you want me to stay a little longer in this school."

At this point, Jennie wasn't embarrassed anymore. Just tremendously blushing.

"I wasn't-" She started nervously.

"I'm messing with you chill. Damn, since when are you so easily triggered." Lisa raised her hand, laughing.

"Fuck you Manoban. I'm just too drunk to understand your stupid jokes."

A small moment passed. And once more, the smaller girl found herself thinking hard about a topic of conversation. But a few minutes later, it was the dark blonde one who decided to take the lead, and with an unusually serious tone.

"Hey, I was wondering." She started, scratching the back of her neck. "Since we only have one week left before this group project in French class ends, do you think we can...reinstitute the study sessions? I mean, I don't really care for my grades but I have to admit that my team spirit has kind of been jobless lately so-"

"Yes." Instantly agreed Jennie a little too enthusiastically, before composing herself. "I mean, I think it would indeed be a good thing for it to be trained before the oral presentation."

"Great." Lisa smiled. "16:05 right?"

"Good job at remembering that, let's hope you can also remember not to come late." Teased the brunette.

"Aye sir."

And before they could continue, a loud din resounded in the restroom and a very angry Jisoo came out of it.

"Lisa I swear to God, this is the last time I ever go out with-Jennie Kim?!"

"Hello Jisoo." Impassively greeted the latter. "I see you took your time. If you could also avoid all that commotion, my ears would thank you."

"What? But it is not even my fau-"

"You heard the lady." Joined in Lisa, feigning innocence "Act properly next time. Jennie, have an excellent night, and sorry again for my friend's disturbance."

And with that, she got up and left, with a now furious Jisoo chasing after her.

Jennie smiled at the scene, and stayed for a moment in the living room, alone with her thoughts.

For some reason, she felt lighter, so much lighter. Of course, she hadn't explicitly voiced her desire to be friends with Lisa, but it wasn't that far off. She knew the Thai girl had probably felt this change in their relationship. And that was a first step.

She sighed conformably.

"Did you just come here to avoid me?" A voice behind her made her jump.

"Jimin." She saw the boy's eyes piercing into her own. He definitely looked more confident, although less jovial than before. "Of course not, I just needed to use the restroom-"

"Jennie, I think this has lasted long enough."

"W-what?"

"Please." He solemnly asked, hand on his chest. "Will you go out with me?"