Chapter 27

We sat like that for a while. We didn't realize how late it was until we saw the sunset. The view was more beautiful than words can describe. After that, we decided it was time to go home. 

On the ride back home, it was pretty silent. We were pretty tired. The radio was on. It wasn't awkward silence, it was strangely comfortable. Since he was driving I made sure to look at him once in a while to make sure he's not falling asleep.

I was sad how fast the time flew. What a day I just had. 

I didn't even think about how much trouble I will be in if my dad is home. He's been home more often than usual which I am certainly not complaining about. Tonight is the only night I wish he wasn't home. 

I look over at Aidan. He's really focused on the road and in deep thought. We both know that when we get back we have to figure it all out. We have to figure us out, we have to figure school out, we have to figure our families out, we have to figure colleges out but most importantly we have to figure Jenny out.

We both know we cannot let Liam get away with this. No matter who he is, he is going down because last time I checked this is a crime and must be paid for. We need proof, we need witnesses, we need lawyers, etc. We need to get Jenny on board. I think that will be the hardest part of this whole thing. Poor, poor Jenny. She definitely  did not deserve this, no one does.

My thoughts were broken when I realized we were in front of my house. I wasn't sure if I should offer Aidan to come in and sleep over. I wasn't sure if my dad was home or if Aidan would even want to spend more time with me. I look at Aidan and before I get a chance to say anything he puts his hand up signaling me to stop.

"Kitten I think we should call it a night. I'll see you tomorrow ."

I start getting out of the car, turn to him wish him a good night and walk into my house.

Praying that there is no dad, I open the door and so far it is silent. I am filled with joy as I run upstairs, take a shower and go to sleep.

I didn't get much sleep. I bolted awake. I looked at the clock and realized that I barely slept 3 hours. Uhhh. No one better mess with me today. 

I get up and do my daily routines. As I am sitting down for breakfast, I grab my laptop and look at ways to make and prove Jenny's case. Oh jeez, I can't even say what happened to her. I can't get myself to say the  4 letter word. It may be a short word but boy does it mean a lot.  I type in ways that make me avoid the word. I cannot face the word. It's terrible. 

I take a deep breath. Nope can't do it. I take another deep breath. Nope still can't do it. I take more deep breaths. Nope. Nada.

I was interrupted by a doorbell. I opened the door and surprise surprise it was Aidan. 

He walks in, "Good morning. Couldn't sleep either?"

I shake my head no as I walk back to my spot. 

He follows behind, grabs some cereal and sits down to join me. 

Aidan looks at me, "Kitten did you see that funny video of Johnny spitting up milk from his nose? It hilarious..."

Johnny was a kid from class.

As he was saying this he grabbed my laptop. I was too slow to stop him.

He saw what I was looking at.

His face went from 0 to 100. From hot to cold. From a smile to a frown.

He got up.

"Why are you reading at this?"

I say, "Aidan you know why. I can't just let it go."

He gets angrier, "Why not?"

Now I get up, "Because it was an awful thing and he needs to pay."

"He won't. He's Liam. Whatever it is his ass is covered. You know that. I know that. Everybody knows that."

"Aidan I don't care who he is. He is getting what he deserves. Last time I checked the law applies to everyone and anyone."

"Drop it. Now. Before you ruin your life and Jenny's life."

"WHAAAAAT?!! I'M GONNA RUIN JENNY'S LIFE? ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW? WHO ARE YOU?"

He takes a deep breath, "I am telling you to drop it. You are gonna make it hell for everyone especially for yourself."

"Get out."

"What?"

"You heard me. GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

He looked at me with sad eyes but then left without saying another word. 

What the heck is happening? How am I in the wrong here? How can he say that? How can he think that? What just happened? How can things change so fast? How did this day start off as beautiful and become hell in just a few hours??

Well I know one thing for sure: this isn't over.

I decided to do something dumb. I called Jenny and invited her to my house. Reluctantly, she agreed. I was gonna ask her. I wanted to help her. I needed to help her. He cannot get away with this. 

But first I had to figure out a way to start this conversation. How can I when I can't even say that 4 letter word?

In about half an hour, the doorbell rings. While waiting I was pacing the whole time trying to figure out how to start. I came up with a blank.

I open the door and let her in. "Hey Jenny. Want some breakfast?"

She shrugs, "Sure whatcha got?"

I walk with her into the kitchen and offer her cereal. She like me, was glad that Trix is back to its original shapes.

We have small talk while she is eating. Meanwhile, my head is spinning, spinning like it has never spun before. 

I decided I can't do it. I told Jenny I would be right back. 

I walked out of my house in my Spider-Man pajamas and stomped over to Aidan's house. Yes, I got weird looks. Yes, I love Spider-Man. Yes, I didn't care about the looks. Yes, people need to get over themselves.

As I arrive at his front door, I knock. He answers within seconds and we make eye contact. We start speaking with our eyes. We just looked into each other's eyes and knew what we were thinking.

I take a deep breath, "Aidan she's at my house right now. I can't do it without you. Please."

I am begging him.

He looks down away from my puppy dog eyes. He nods his head. 

I sigh of relief. 

He closes the door and follows me. 

We walk to my house silently. 

As soon as we enter, Jenny looks confused.

Aidan is the first to speak. "Jenny we need to talk."