Chapter 32

And there we were. Two weirdos at a cemetery. Talking to those that could not respond to us. 

I hesitated to turn around and look at him. I didn't want to see his eyes- the hurt in them. I know I am a complete and total coward. How can I look in them when I am the reason for the pain in them?

Well eventually Aidan couldn't take it anymore and grabbed my arm and spun me around to see him. My heart was sinking. The pain in his eyes was nothing like I thought- it was worse. He looked at me, I looked at him. We stood there just staring at each other, the pain in our eyes, the guilt in our eyes, the hurt in our eyes and the love in our eyes. Yes, love, we both feel that towards one another - in a way of just loving another human being. I love him for who he is and all that he has done for me. I don't know why he loves me and I am not sure if I will ever find out. 

Aidan puts his hand on my cheek and I close my eyes enjoying the comfort. He puts his forehead on mine and whispers, "We cannot escape each other huh?" We both slightly giggle. I nod my head no, "No I guess not." I pull away from the position and feel guilty but I continue to tell him anyways, "Listen I am sorry I didn't visit your mom yet. I just couldn't. I feel so guilty after....you know....what..ummm..happened with us. " I look at the ground as I am saying this.

He lifts my chin, "Kitten you have nothing to feel guilty about. Besides you don't have to visit her she's technically no one to you."

I give him a stern face, "Listen here Mister, she is someone to me, you introduced us. I know you wouldn't just introduce anyone to her and I am honored. So yes I am allowed to feel guilty. But I promise I wasn't going to leave here without seeing her, I just needed time. And besides I miss Elizabeth."

I look at him and see the biggest smile. He grabs my hand and leads me to his mom.

After about an hour of catching his mom up on events, we decided to leave. And now here comes the part I was dreading- the what are we talk. 

We walk back to Aidan's house - since its empty unlike mine- and sit in his living room. He goes to the kitchen to bring back soda while I work on my deep breathing skills. 

Shortly, he comes back with Coke and sits next to me. I reposition myself so that I am facing him. 

"Kitten I need you to rip off the band aid and tell me what you're thinking. I cannot keep sitting and thinking and wondering what goes on inside that head of yours. "

I chuckle,"I think its best if you don't know."

Enter rolling eyed Aidan, "Would you stop it? You are the one person I have never lied too, I'd like you to do the same."

My eyes start to look  everywhere except him,"Look things were heating up and you kept stopping......soooooooo... you know..... I didn't ......you know......know how to feeeeeel about that....."

He nods, "Ahhh I see. Kitten will you stop looking all over, it looks like you have a twitch or something. Just focus on me"

Still not being able to look at him, "I caaaaaan't..."

He chuckles, "There is nothing to be embarrassed about. Were human things get..whats the word you used....oh yeah ...heated" he then proceeds to laugh.

I chuck a pillow at him.

He laughs more.

Stupid jerk.

I get up. He grabs me, still laughing and sits me back down.

After a few seconds he stopped, "Kitten I'm sorry. You are just so adorable. You blush and say things like heated. That is why I stopped every time I don't think you're ready. And if you're thinking its because I don't want you, you better throw that thought out of your head right now. I never wanted anyone more, honest. I feel like.... like.... oh... like when Damon and Elena wanted each other so bad but they couldn't be together at first or when Edward wanted Bella, but I like Vampire Diaries more so I am sticking with that."

I look at him confused get up and wave my arms around, "Wait wait wait. Are you telling me what I think you're telling me?"

It was Aidan that was confused now, "Huh?"

I laugh, "You've seen Vampire Diaries AND Twilight. OOOOO Wait til I tell people that, I doubt they'll even believe me but still."

He shakes his head, "Out of everything I said that is what you got out of it? Cmon Kitten I know you heard the rest."

I sit back down, " I know I know. And I am glad you said Damon because I was Team Damon since "Hello Brother"

Aidan gives me a look.

"Okay okay, look maybe I am not 100% ready but I do know I want more. Uhhh this is sooooo awkward. Can we just make out and call it a day?"

Aidan stands up and offers me his hand. I take it and then he starts swaying me into a dance. I smile and laugh. 

Aidan continues as he leads, "Hailey" Oh no he said my name. My heart is about to pump out of my chest. "Would you be my girlfriend ?"

And there it goes on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can tell I am rewatching Vampire Diaries. Please tell me you are Team DAMON <3 

And TVD>Twilight???