CHAPTER ONE#awitchmustnotlive.

Magsimula sa umpisa

They give her a seat while they comfort her more. Kate looks up with misty eyes, trying to pick up the words they said, but her thoughts wouldn’t let her. Voices cried in her head and she was disturbed greatly.

She wasn’t afraid of the possible assumptions to her son’s death, no. She was afraid of something greater.

“Attention please!” a voice pleaded out for silence.
The DJ stopped the music, guests dismissed their chats and the waiters paused their services. Everyone currently looked up to the podium, staring attentively at Mr. Wilder.

Oliver looked among the crowd. His mustache arched upwards as he wears a board smile on his face.
“I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who put a hole in their schedule just to be here tonight,” he said, grasping the microphone firmly.

The crowd claps moderately for a few seconds before allowing Oliver to take back control.

“Well, as you all know, I and my family have been through a lot for the past of years; a couple of spending here and there just to keep the bolts tightened. We did our part for the community- as we promised! And you all did your part by believing and supporting- as you promised!”  Mr. Wilder pauses and looks amongst the crowd again “I respect that. I respect every one of you. And for the fact that you stood by my agenda despite losing the mayor mantle only breaks my heart to grateful bits”

The crowd applauds once more but this time louder than before. Cheers sprang out from some sections of the hall as well.

“And here you all are again- celebrating alongside me and my family, joining us as we bond gloriously. For the fact that you all upheld my dreams for the city, you all are a branch to this family tree!”  Oliver Wilder said, his voice backed with pride and strength.

He gives a signal to his firstborn- Marshall, who walks up to the podium and hands him an envelope.

“Okay, listen up” Oliver silences the applauses that rang through the hall. He raises the envelope in his hand and waves it in the air, “This right here is a token of gratitude; 1000 dollars for every guest in the house. You'll get it once the event is over and you walk right through that door,”  
The guests cheer once more, this time a lot more loudly than the former rounds of applause. Glasses were raised in appreciation and praises were chanted.

“Now it’s not much compared to what I usually do, but you all know how life has been for our family. The bills for our poor boy’s health just keeps going up and we've got to keep him breathing,” silence sweeps through the crowd once Matthew Wilder’s case is mentioned.

Oliver pauses briefly and stares down at his wife who he just noticed was crying bitterly.

“The dishes around here also cost a lot of cash you know,” the guests break the silence, laughing at Oliver’s added remark that aimed at bringing back the joy.

“Well, let the show roll on!” Oliver concludes as he steps down the podium, greeting a few guests who came up to greet him.
The DJ plugs in again and the occasion is set back on its glamorous cruise.

Moments later into the now resumed event, loud noises like broken siren horns blared out from the streets. These sounds weren’t like anything a computer could manifest. It was a mix of irregular trebles and chalkboard scratches. Few guests scream out in pain as blood gushes through their eardrums, some fall into a seizure that places them on the ground like twisted cardboard, foaming gruesomely on the mouth.

The odd sound comes to an end with a loud explosion that rocked the mansion fiercely.

Guests rush to the window, straining their eyesight as they stared into the pitch-black cloud that hovered around the mansion. The streetlights were snapped out and every single object outside that radiated was swallowed by the darkness.