18 - Just No Hope

"When we last left our Trio, Weaver and Hope finally got sleep. X was angsting as he still couldn't sleep, and a new player entered town!
Who is this mystery person... A friend? A foe? Or am I just being being overdramatic?
Also, we welcome to the Storyverse a special visitor... SkyTheAlmighty!!!" Fire exclaims dramatically.

"Visitor? I'm offended," says Sky. "What makes you think I'm leaving?"

"Because we can kick you out," says Snow, giving the newcomer an icy look.

"Relax, I'm joking," says Sky cheerfully. "Besides, that'd be cold," she adds, grinning.

"Hey guys," Fire says as she wanders in, squealing over the sleeping Weaver and Hope.

"They're cute when they're sleeping," Sky says, giggling.

"Yup. And the fluffy baby bean is also adorable," says Snow, awwing over the tiny bundle of brown fluff.

"Just wait till Hope wakes. Instant chaos," Fire snickers before eating a Snickers bar.

"Chaos, chaos, I can do anything!" Sky laughs in Jevil's voice. "I'm Sky. Nice to meet ya," she says in a normal voice, introducing herself.

"Right, another fangirl... okay, now who are you?" X asks the Pokémon at the cave entrance.

Snow nods. "Should we wake them up, you think?"

"Please DON'T!" X begs the Creators.

"Let's find out who the person outside is first," Fire suggests, wondering who the bedraggled person from the end of the last chapter is.

"I'm Frisk," says the tiny Eevee.

"Frisk, huh? Bet you're frisky," X cackles, his bad joke waking Weaver- who whaps him on the head. "OWWWW!"

"Pfft," snickers Sky. "Weaver, calm down, it was just a pun. Don't f-risk it."

"Why do you do this?" Weaver groans. "And don't you DARE wake Hope."

"Too late," Hope singsongs.

"Puns, yeah!" Sky says, grinning.

"They're puntrocious," Hope chirps.

"Hope, I swear, if you start singing," Weaver grumbles.

"Fine, fine..." Hope says, pouting.

"No, they're puntastic," Sky corrects.

"We got a skele-ton of them," Hope continues.

Frisk sweatdrops as only characters from anime and game omniverses can.

"Good, 'cus my well of puns is BONE-dry," Sky shoots back.

"I've heard better," X says, unimpressed. After all, he's lived with the Meme Squad.

"Will they ever stop?" Frisk whispers to X.

"Nope," he whispers back.

Weaver groans. "Stop with the puns already!"

"Awwwwwwww," Hope says, his ears drooping.

Sky laughs. "I'm not stopping, I'm on a roll," she jokes, perched on a cinnamon roll seat.

"Really?" Weaver deadpans. "Also- sorry bro."

"I'll live, nice to meet you Frisk!" Hope says in all his hyper glory.