'a little adrenaline...'

❝ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴀᴅʀᴇɴᴀʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴀᴘʏ❞

Aurora peered down the empty hall, leaning her entire body against the wall to keep from being spotted. She was supposed to be in the first aid room, waiting on her bed for Black Canary to come to talk to her.

Honestly, that was the last thing she wanted to do.

Have some form of heart-to-heart where she needed to talk about her feelings without feeling them. Or, you know, cause everyone around her to feel them as well. Overall there seemed to be a lot of feelings involved.

It was much easier to deal with it all when she wasn't surrounded by so many people. Just her, Hal, and her uncle. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to head back to that simpler life?

At least then she wouldn't cause everyone to get overwhelmed during training exercises, missions--or random days. The latter of which was the worst. How could they not be? Laughing wasn't supposed to lead to her getting too happy and making everyone else overly ecstatic.

Her nose crinkled. Gosh, even when she didn't want to think about her failures, she still did. Aurora took the hushed atmosphere as a green light to run down the hallway at full speed. Only when her feet slapped against the tile did she slow down enough to quiet herself until finally reaching her destination.

With a heavy sigh, she plopped down on the stairs of the cave hanger entrance. Silence. Exactly what she thought she wanted after a week of constantly being checked up on after the failed training.

No one was occupying the space. Well, no one except for Wolf and Sphere. Aurora turned her attention away from the two and brought her knees up to rest her chin on. Without the constant door sliding open or beeping from the medical machines, the pain she caused her teammates to feel nearly drowned her in the quiet.

Never mind. She didn't want to be sitting in an empty space. Her thoughts kept running faster than she was a moment ago.

Aurora hated this life. She wanted to be normal and live without the fear of something as simple as being sad affecting an entire room. It sucked, and the only thing she hated more was the horrible people who had stripped the opportunity of a normal life away from her. Too bad there was nothing she could do except live with their dreams as her nightmare.

Aurora's lip trembled as she sucked in a shaky breath. Now was not the time to have another mental breakdown. But then again, when was it the right time ever for her?

A soft yet powerful fluffy head nudged the teen. Unfortunately for her, much like his owner, Wolf tended to forget his own strength and promptly knocked her over. Although with the oddly smug look on the animal's face, the girl wouldn't doubt if that was his whole intention in the first place.

Aurora sat back up as Wolf chose to take the spot next to her for his new resting place. She began feeling great affection for the animal a few days after the mission that gifted the team with him. It was hard not to as she never owned a pet of any kind, and he seemed to relax her on more than one occasion.

The young teen set her head on his side, not needing to move much as Wolf was many more times larger than her. She rubbed her eyes with the palms of her hands and willed herself not to be lulled to sleep by the soft snores coming from her company. Something that became much harder as time passed.

Just as she was dozing off, Wolf suddenly got up, causing Aurora to move and take notice of the stomping footsteps drawing near. It didn't take long for Conner to make a straight line for his motorcycle.

She wiped any bit of emotion off her face in a near instant, "Where are you going?"

"Don't know. Don't care." Conner angrily grabbed the helmet off the seat of his motorcycle. "As long as it's away from here."