'i know how...'

❝ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴs ɴᴏᴛ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴅɪᴀᴘᴇʀs.❞

|Coast City

|November 5, 16:47 PDT

"You're getting along a lot better with Robin aren't you?" Hal's question chimed within the confines of his Green Lantern ring constructed aircraft. It was a bit unsettling to trust any creation of his in the beginning but she got used to it. Although there was one time when her mentor sneezed and she ended up plummeting a few feet.

"With everyone thankfully." She nodded along to a random tune in her head. Probably some commercial from when her uncle put the tv on as background noise while they worked. "They're a bit loud but nice."

The quiet streets below them zoomed past but she kept her eyes alert for any disturbance. 

"Yeah. Robin and Superboy are both, extra, really nice." The brown-haired male further inquired. "More than the others wouldn't you say." He cleared his throat a few times.

She turned towards her mentor with narrowed eyes partially hidden behind her mask. A brief second passed before Aurora began sifting around her chair for a water bottle to give him. Unfortunately she didn't have any tea to offer Hal so that would have to do.

"No. Not really." Aurora denied with a small head shake. Not too entirely focused on the contents of the conversation as a happy gleam crossed her eyes upon finding the water. "Artemis tried teaching me how to use the bow but I really suck, and Megan makes great pancakes when Wally nearly poisons me with his, but he always tries to include me in everything, and Kaldar--"

"I'm asking if you like one of those two more than a friend."

Aurora made a weird choked wheeze in the back of her throat. "I--what the heck?!"

Wind rushed past her ears as the floor got closer and closer. She swung out a hand, her body slamming to a stop atop her creation.

There was barely enough room on the platform for her. It flickered a faint almost translucent white. Constructing things was hard enough as it required the same amount of concentration needed for holding back her emotions. Having do make something so suddenly left the creation---

With a sharp gasp and wide eyes, her body suddenly plummeted the last two feet. Aurora somersaulted to a rough stop with luckily only some disheveled hair to account for her shortened flight. 

She stood up, looking back and forth across the street. "Green Lantern?" There was no one to be seen in the seemingly empty neighborhood.

"Hal?" She whispered before taking a tentative step forward. Despite the sun still being out an eerie aura fell upon the block. Like if she were the only living being on it.

Forget that, and the whole 'Hal disappearing into thin air' made the hairs on the back of her neck stand.

A sharp, shrill cry suddenly rang out through the street.

She froze, the sudden child's cry feeling like a bucket of melted ice cap water down her back. Her mind was already stuck midway in a horror movie which of course didn't help the erratic thumping in her chest.

Aurora let out a deep breath to reel herself back into a non-spooked mindset. A baby's cry didn't automatically mean demonic entities. At least not in her world. If anything it meant someone in need and as--a hopefully--future Justice League member she needed to investigate.

Adjusting the mask on her face, she waited in the middle of the empty street for any noise. Soon enough the wail filled the air but this time it didn't stop. With quick steps, she rushed over to the unlocked front door of the house.