'ignorance is bliss...'

❝ɪɢɴᴏʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ɪs ʙʟɪss. ᴜɴʟᴇss ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀ sᴜᴘᴇʀʜᴇʀᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴏɴ ᴀ ᴍɪssɪᴏɴ❞

'Ow'

The young girl had never been hit by a truck, thankfully, but at that moment she sure thought that the pain in her head must be some equivalent to it. Her body slowly begun to gain the sensation back into it, causing her to quickly take notice of the sandy surface she laid upon.

'Why am I at the beach?'  She could only manage that one complete thought before a sudden wave of pain throughout her head had overpowered pretty much everything. It shot through with such intensity that it had her wishing she remained unconscious if only a few moments more. Although as much as she wished for it, her instincts warned her well enough of the dangers of being caught in such a dazed state.

The weight of the world seemed to be sitting on her eyelids as it took three attempts for them to finally budge open to the dark night sky above her. "Oh. This isn't a beach." An uneasy mix settled in her stomach as she peered around the unfamiliar place from her spot on the ground.

It quickly became apparent how difficult to identify the location would be seeing as how she could only spot out sand, rocks, and more sand. Not to mention the fact that she couldn't remember at all why she awoke laying there in the first place.

Serene eyes widened as she quickly realized that she honestly couldn't remember a large portion of the past six months or so. "I need to get out of here quick." The young hero whispered the words as she quickly got herself up.

One look down at her super suit had her calling out to the person whom she hoped would be around, "Green Lantern?" Serene's mouth opened to yell again when a groan shut her up and caused her to take a more defensive stance. 'Right. Maybe yelling out in an unknown place with unknown enemies around isn't the best of ideas.'

Serene walked across the sandy plain on high alert towards whom she hoped to be a familiar face. The groan sounded as if they were in pain but villains weren't exactly above playing innocent civilians.

Upon finally spotting a boy, who seemed only a few years older than her, knocked unconscious Serene let her guard down a fraction. 'Who are you?'  She rubbed her temple in the off chance that she would understand why he seemed familiar.

Serene looked around their position hidden behind a larger boulder for a quick minute before deeming it safe enough to walk up to his body. With closer inspection of his suit and gills, she frowned seeing as she had never met an Atlantian. She hadn't even met Aquaman yet.

'Not that I remember anyway.'  She let out a groan in understandable annoyance as the thought crossed her mind.

"Are you okay?" Serene crouched down to ask him. All he managed were a few words mumbled out in a language foreign to her. "No. You're not okay. You're an Atlantian who's knocked unconscious out in this burning hot desert." The night sky hadn't offered much reassurance as she couldn't pinpoint exactly how long either one of them had already been out there.

Serene placed her head in her hands in an attempt to will her brain to remember something, anything. "Oh. You're usually with some other superhero sidekicks. Maybe they're here too?"

Again his grumbled words were in his native language, leaving Serene confused and worried. She stretched out her hands, ready to use her powers in order to calm him down when she heard someone approaching.

With quick movements, she stood up and turned in the direction of the footsteps she had heard. Her hands begun to glow as she let her fear manifest into an attack. As soon as the individual came into view she blasted them back a few feet.