'den mothers. . .'

❝ᴅᴇɴ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀs ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴏʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ...ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴋɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ.❞

Training to be a superhero was one of the hardest things Aurora never thought she'd ever be doing. Yet there she lay, face first on the couch inside Mount Justice after finally escaping Black Canary's training. Well, not escaping, more like the day's training had ended much to the young teen's excitement.

"You okay?" Wally stood with a large sandwich in his hands next to the couch Aurora had sprawled herself carelessly on.

Aurora shifted her face to the side to meet Wally's stare blankly. "I'm dead."

The older boy shrugged, not at all fazed by the younger girl's toneless voice, and took a bite of his sandwich. "Alright then. Aurora's ghost do you by any chance known where any of the others are at?" He looked down at the book laying atop her bag with a grin. "Or when my portrait will be done?"

Aurora didn't bother asking why he hadn't just run around the cave to look for them. By now she knew that he enjoyed talking to everyone and it was just something that she slowly got used to.

"Kaldar's talking to Tornado." Aurora let out a sigh as she sluggishly sat herself up on the couch. "And I think Megan and Conner are working on his bike." Her hair suddenly flew in all different directions as he sped off without another word.

Aurora huffed, removing the strands of hair from her face. Guess he hasn't noticed how close Megan and Conner are.

She reached forward to dig through her bag for a hair tie, not wanting a repeat if Wally decided to rush inside the room again. The ends of her hair barely sat on her shoulders, mainly because Aurora feared the possibility of it getting stuck somewhere during a mission if it were any longer.

The concern no doubt emerged from the fact that Aurora watched far too many horror movies in an attempt to master fear. All that actually came out of it happened to be having to sleep with her lights on for a solid week.

Not wanting to spend any time remembering some of those horrific scenes, Aurora grabbed her sketchbook to busy her free time with. The young hero stopped her reach for a pencil upon hearing loud metal clanking echo inside the room.

"Red Tornado did you--" Aurora had cut her sentence off as she spotted an unfamiliar pair of metal feet in her peripheral vision. The hairs on her neck stood up, her trained reflexes thankfully gave her the split-second advantage to dive out of the fireball's way.

The proximity of the heat left a heavy line of sweat trailing down her face as she hid behind the couch. Aurora knew her time to either escape or fight back was running dangerously short as another fireball burned a hole not far enough from her position.

Aurora grit her teeth, deciding without any doubt that she needed to alert the rest of the team. Without a moment of hesitation, she stood up swiftly, hitting the foreign robot with a blast of her fear. It flew back and she took the opportunity to run.

There wasn't much time for her to get very far as she forced her body to dive out of the way from another attack, this time a strong blast of water shot past her. Aurora got winded from the pressure of it rushing by and knew that one hit alone could leave her unconscious.

She scrambled to her feet, realizing that the first robot stood back up. Aurora's eyes shifted between both robots who were now flanking her on each side.

"I'm going to take a guess here that asking nicely won't get you two to leave." They both stared blankly. Is that what I look like?

Aurora focused on her nerves, hands twitching before blasting a beam at both androids. She managed to knock one back but soon felt the pressure of water encase her.