Josh sat agitated in his seat for the rest of the ride to school while I enjoyed the silence. This definitely wasn't the time for Josh and I to have a heart to heart. I was too emotionally spent and he was feeling too guilty.

As soon as we got to the school I got out of the car and grabbed my things, heading inside ahead of Josh. Most of the team was already in the gym when I got there.

Since this was supposed to be a day for team building, we were going to be off ice which I hated. I would have much rather been on my skates, batting a puck around.

Of course, the first person I made eye contact with when I entered the room was Fox. We stared at each other for a few moments, an undetectable emotion in Fox's eyes, before he turned away.

So we were back to this.

Josh came into the gym soon after me and placed his things down next to mine, not saying anything.

Coach Silva and Merton came out of the office and Silva blew his whistle to have us gather around him.

"Thank you all for sparing your Saturday," Coach Silva started. "We have a strong team here, but there is something holding us back."

The team was silent.

"Ask me what's holding us back," Coach Silva demanded.

"What's holding us back?" everyone answered in unenthusiastic tones.

"I'm glad you asked," he said with a grin. "Teamwork! There are too many cliques within this team, not enough communication or trust. Teams don't work like that. We could have all the talent in the world but if we can't work as a team we have nothing."

"We have created some different team exercises that will require you to work together and communicate," Coach Merton explained. "Gaining these communication skills will help you with communication on the ice."

"First things first," Coach Silva said, looking around to each of us. "Trust falls."

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Ellis," Coach Silva called out, causing everyone to look at me. "You look worried. Why?"

I shrugged, clearing my throat. "I don't wanna fall."

"See, there is no trust," Coach Silva announced. "Why don't you go first, Elijah?"

I let out a sigh but made my way over to the raised platform anyway while the coaches instructed everyone else to crowd around and get ready to catch me. This felt like the scene straight out of Mean Girls.

"Don't worry Ellis. I'll catch ya," Alex said in a teasing tone.

Once I was on the platform, I turned my back to the team and waited for more instruction. Coach Silva started counting down from three and once he was done, I fell backwards.

Luckily, the team caught me with ease and gently placed me back on my feet. My skin burned from where Fox has touched me. I didn't even have to look to know where he was. I knew how his touch felt.

"Good," Coach Silva praised. "Ridley, go next."

I watched at Fox strode up onto the platform. I hated myself for staring at the way his slender legs filled out his tight fitting athletic pants. I wasn't supposed to be pining after him.

Coach did his countdown again and Fox sent himself backwards, all of us catching him as he fell down into our arms. I looked down at him to see that his eyes were on me as we set him back on the ground.

"I'll go next if you guys promise not to drop me," Alex said, pulling my eyes away from Fox to look at him.

"We won't drop you," Ryan assured him with an eye roll.