26

soonyoung woke up in the near dark. the stars still shone and the day had only drawn a pale wash of light in the lower east sky. though the sun had yet to rise, the small covey of baby birds had already began chirping and fluttering around the balcony.

soonyoung opened his eyes, and he first looked to his right where jihoon slept soundly. after removing the younger's light grip on his arm, soonyoung stood up and headed straight for the bathroom.

once he had locked the door, soonyoung stared at his reflection on the mirror as he let the faucet water flow. his eyes were slightly red and his face was m puffy, body clearly still tired. sighing, he turned the tap off and entered the shower.

when the water started to turn warmer, soonyoung's shoulders finally managed to relax at the comforting feeling.

these days, the pressure of being a college student had been getting to him, causing him to stress out more frequently. the stress not only affected him, but it also affected his work and studies quite a lot.

for a good hour, soonyoung stayed in the shower, wanting the blissful warmth to last for as long as possible, the male enjoying the feeling until the very end. when he was finally done with his shower, soonyoung stepped out of the bathroom and smiled when he saw jihoon's small figure struggling to pry the curtains open.

without uttering a single word, soonyoung walked towards the younger's direction and helped him complete the job. "i would've done it just fine by myself" jihoon muttered, frowning. the latter then chuckled and nodded, "sure you would."

the two then headed to the kitched hand-in-hand to make breakfast. though it was mostly jihoon who did all the cooking, the younger didn't complain and simply enjoyed soonyoung's company.

after placing placing all the food on the table, jihoon poured himself some tea and sat across his boyfriend. usually, the two would make small conversations as they enjoyed their meal, but today was different. instead of joking around and chatting, soonyoung ate quietly with his eyes glued to the plate of food in front of him. the older didn't even bother listening when jihoon tried to speak up.

for another fifteen minutes, the two stayed in the uncomfortable silence. that is until soonyoung spoke up and asked about something jihoon never thought he would.

"so you and seungcheol, huh?"

jihoon froze.

to say the least, the male was shocked. he wasn't sure as to how the older manage to find out about his past relationship when he had never opened up about it to anyone.

with his head now hanging down low, jihoon asked, "h-how did you know?"

soonyoung shrugged, "heard chan talk about it to boo. he said that he accidentally saw a picture of you and cheol kissing in one of your photo albums."

when the younger said nothing in reply, soonyoung frowned and walked to the other side of the table where jihoon sat. he then crouched down and caressed his boyfriend's cheeks, finally gaining some eye-contact from the latter.

"listen- i'm not mad, ji. i just don't understand why you never told me anything. it would've been a lot better to find out from you instead."

jihoon looked away and sighed, "i know.. i never said anything about it because i didn't want to make things awkward between you and seungcheol. cheol is also dating jeonghan and i thought that i should just move on from the past."

"coups and i dated back in highschool for over a year. when he became a junior, he moved schools and we broke up. we didn't talk after he left and i never expected to meet him again, especially not in college. sorry for not telling you all this sooner.." the younger continued, nervously fiddling with his fingers.

soonyoung shook his head, "it's alright, i understand. nobody just talks about their ex to their boyfriend anyways." he chuckled, pinching jihoon's cheeks lightly.

"to me, it doesn't matter how many exes you have or who your ex was. because now, you're mine."