9

after lunch had ended, jihoon headed straight towards the dance choreography department. soonyoung's department.

jihoon decided to take joshua's advice and try to talk things out with his friend. he wanted to know what had happened last night that could possibly make hoshi so upset, and he wanted to know now.

soonyoung is one of his closest friends and they had a great friendship. sure- he rarely showed any signs of affection to the latter, but that doesn't mean that he didn't care, because he really did. soonyoung is someone extremely precious to him and he wouldn't trade his best friend for anything in the world.

when jihoon reached dino and soonyoung's department, he entered the building and walked to the second floor. there were quite a lot of practice rooms around but soonyoung only uses one specific room and that was where jihoon was heading to.

as he expected, the practice room was not vacant and loud music was blaring inside the room. since the practice room was locked, jihoon knocked and waited.

when the door opened, he was greeted with a sweaty hoshi who looked surprised to see him there. however, soonyoung didn't look very happy and seeing the latter so irritated simply by his presence made jihoon upset.

"what is it?" the taller asked, seemingly annoyed.

jihoon sighed, pushing soonyoung back into the room as he made way for himself and enter the room. "hey! who said you're allowed in here?" hoshi yelled.

the smaller then closed the door and looked at the upset male in front of him. "let's talk, yeah?"

soonyoung wasn't exactly in the mood to have a talk with the latter, in fact– jihoon was the last person he felt like talking to right now.

"i don't have anything to say to you. it would be best if you just leave, ji."

hearing those words completely broke jihoon. the small male could feel his eyes start to fill up with hot tears. he tried his best not to let the tears fall, but he couldn't help it. he didn't even know what he did wrong. why was soonyoung acting like this?

seeing jihoon start to break down made hoshi's eyes soften. he never intended to make his friend cry. this reminded him of the night of the party when they argued and ended up with jihoon crying, just like this. he hated seeing the latter so visibly upset.

still, he couldn't simply forget what happened last night. and so, soonyoung kept up the act and his mean attitude, pretending as if seeing the small male so torn up didn't affect him at all.

"look, jihoon- if you're only here to cry and get me to pity you, its not going to work. i have things to do. i don't have time for the show you're putting on." soonyoung spat rudely.

"soonie, what happened to you? whatever it is that i did, im sorry, okay? im so sorry." jihoon kept sobbing and sniffling, not being able to control his emotions.

oh now soonyoung was really starting to reach his limits. "and just what exactly do you mean when you said you don't know what you did?"

"i don't remember anything from last night, so would you please just stop yelling and actually talk to me!" jihoon yelled back, wiping his tears as he did so.

"y-you really don't remember?" hoshi asked in disbelief, now starting to regret his harsh words. the latter nodded slowly as he looked at the studio floor, avoiding any sort of eye contact.

"you rejected me. that's what happened."

jihoon's head snapped towards soonyoung's direction. "i rejected you?"

the older sighed before nodding, "long story short, you got pretty drunk and upset at me for leaving you alone by the bar. i don't know what got into me, but i suddenly confessed my feeling to you. and then you.. you rejected me. just like that."

jihoon simply stared at the older in shock. he was still trying to process everything that he had just heard. right now, he wasn't sure if he should feel embarrassed or extremely sorry.

"soonie, im–"

"no, just forget it. it was my fault for hoping in the first place." soonyoung cut off. "im sorry for lashing out on you earlier. let's go back to being friends and pretend that none of this ever happened, okay?" the latter asked, hopeful.

if he couldn't have jihoon as his boyfriend, soonyoung would still want jihoon to be by his side as his best friend. though it might take some time for him to be able to move on completely, he was willing to give up on his feelings if it meant that he would still have the younger by his side, even if it was just as a friend.

"no."

soonyoung's heart sank in disappointment. he knew that confessing to his bestfriend was risky, but he didn't know that it would end up this bad.

"no no no- that's not what i mean- i meant to say no, i don't want to be just friends anymore." jihoon explained.

soonyoung raised an eyebrows, confused. they weren't going to be just friends, they would continue to be best friends. what did jihoon mea–

a pair of soft lips was felt against his own. soonyoung was completely taken aback at the sudden kiss. still, he returned the action wholeheartedly, having wanted this kiss for so long.

"i like you too, soonyoung."

soonyoung was still a little confused, but he couldn't help but let out a huge grin. "b- but last night you-"

"last night i probably told you that because i was still upset. i remember being like- mad mad when i couldn't find you after you left me all alone. but the truth is, i've liked you ever since i can remember." jihoon confessed, a red tint taking over his whole face.

soonyoung smiled. "well then this settles it. date at the central park tommorow at four pm?"

"you know i wouldn't miss it for the world."