21

jeonghan was currently panicking as he walked in circles around his room. it was over midnight and seungcheol still wasn't home yet. the older had not replied to any of his calls or texts and he was more than worried.

the strange thing is– chan was also nowhere to be seen. the young male too, was not home and had his phone laying on his bed. jeonghan had called soonyoung to see if he knew where chan could possibly be since they were in the same department, but soonyoung knew nothing since he didn't come to class today.

jeonghan didn't like to overthink things, but right now it was difficult not to do so.

the blonde male sat down and took a deep breath. he shook all the negative thoughts off, knowing that cheol would never do anything to hurt him.

in a few minutes, jeonghan had let the sleepiness drown him and fell asleep with his phone clenched on his right hand.

seungcheol finally arrived back home about an hour later. the male entered his dorm using the spare keys he had and tried his best to make as little noise as possible after he saw his sleeping boyfriend.

guilty, coups knew that he probably scared jeonghan to death by coming home so late and ignoring his calls. the male then started to regret his actions.

he took off his coat and sighed as he stared at the angel he didn't deserve to call his boyfriend. jeonghan was too good for him, too good for this world.

sensitive to the stare, jeonghan woke up seconds after and was greeted by a small forced smile from the older. although he was tired, he stood up and walked over to seungcheol.

"it's really late, cheol. where have you been?" he asked, trying to conceal his disappointment and doubts.

"i just had a small talk with chan." the older replied, voice low and almost inaudible.

so he was right. seungcheol coming back home late really was connected to chan.

"a talk?" he asked again. this time, hurt was evident in his tone.

"nothing happened, han. i promise. we really just had a talk. i would never–"

"a talk about what?"

"his crush on me."

jeonghan's eyes widened ever so slightly and travelled from the floor to seungcheol's. although slightly surprised, he cleared his throat and tried to keep up with his strong facade, asking, "and what about it?"

"nothing really.. i overheard jihoon talking to seungkwan about it today morning. i was surprised too, but since i didn't want to continue letting chan live off of false hopes, i decided that i should talk to him and clear things up."

continuing his explanation, seungcheol sighed and said, "i only met him at a café and asked him about it. he confessed but said that he knew his limits and apologized for bothering our relationship. chan said that he's going to move out soon and that he's staying at hansol's tonight. nothing happened, baby. i can promise you that."

after hearing the older, jeonghan's body relaxed and seungcheol pulled the younger by his waist before their bodies embraced.

before he knew it, drops of hot tears ran down his now rosy cheeks. "i- i thought that y-you had–"

"hannie, i would never." seungcheol frowned, cutting him off.

the male only caressed the younger's hair as he quietly sobbed in his chest. having jeonghan show the weak side of himself wasn't something that happens often. seeing the latter show his vulnerable side made seungcheol's heart clench. more so, knowing that the tears were caused by him.

after jeonghan had finally calmed down, the two snuggled in bed and tried to get some rest.

seungcheol's presence had always been a source of comfort to the younger. his warmth had somehow always managed to reassure him that things were going to be fine, and things really did turn out fine in the end. jeonghan really hoped that their relationship will turn out alright too.

hesitantly, seungcheol spoke up and asked, "are you mad at chan?"

jeonghan sighed and shrugged, "i don't know, cheol. i really like that kid and i knew that he didn't mean to disturb our relationship. i don't think i can get upset and blame him, even if i wanted to."

nodding lightly, seungcheol pressed a kiss to the latter's forehead and said, "let's just forget about it for now and try to get some rest. i'm sure you're tired.

"alright then. goodnight, i love you."

pulling jeonghan closer to him, seungcheol whispered, "goodnight, baby. i love you too."