13

today wonwoo had the day completely free. no assignments to complete or classes to attend. just a peaceful day he can spend playing his video games by himself. usually, he would invite junhui for some company, but the chinese male had said that he was busy.

wonwoo didn't mind it at first, he had a few new games to try out and that was sure to keep him busy for a short bit. and it did, but the male got bored a lot quicker than he had expected and ended up with nothing to do soon after.

mingyu would almost always be around to bother him at times like these, but not today. today, mingyu had classes to attend and might even come home late since he had to finish his arts project with minghao.

wonwoo sighed in frustration as he messed up his hair. there were no interesting movies he had yet to watch and he had no one to invite over since they were all busy. not to mention that it was almost lunch time and his stomach had been growling for a bit. the problem was, his kitchen fridge was empty and they didn't have any leftovers. wonwoo's wallet was close to empty since the male had been missing out his shifts for his part time job in the café.

the korean male then decided to call jihoon, his little bestfriend being the only person he could think of ranting to. jihoon had also said that he would be busy today, but busy with what exactly?

without further thoughts, wonwoo called the younger and waited for the small male to pick up. after a few rings, the line was finally connected and wonwoo could hear the latter's uneven breaths.

"what is it you little bitch? you disturbed my little makeout session with soonyoung. you better be dying or dead. i won't hesitate to beat your ass if you bothered me simply because you're bored" woozi complained, voice getting louder within each word he lets out if his mouth.

"oops–" wonwoo muttered, laughing at the younger's amusing reaction.

jihoon scoffed, "you can laugh all you want, jeon. just remember that laughing might be the last thing you do before you're gone."

and with that, the younger turned off the phone call.

wonwoo chuckled once more and lightly shook his head, jihoon is fun to mess around with.

just then, wonwoo heard the front door slam shut, shivers running down his spine. was mingyu done with class already? the taller male was supposed to arrive back at home late at night, what was he doing back so early?

curious, the young male walked out of his cozy bedroom and towards his living room. there, he saw mingyu spread out on the couch.

wonwoo cleared his throat, trying to get the younger to notice his presence. "you alright there? you're back early."

mingyu shifted his attention to the male in front of him, "im okay. the due date changed and now i have more time to finish the project. minghao said he wanted to postpone our work for tomorrow instead and that's why im back home already."

the older nodded awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck. "well, okay, i'll get going now–"

"let's go out together for dinner."

the request had caught wonwoo off guard and the male wasn't sure how to react.

"like a d-date?" he asked, making sure he had heard the latter correctly.

mingyu nodded happily, "yeah, let's go on a date."

"a friendly date" he continued, smiling reassuringly.

"oh" wonwoo muttered, slightly disappointed. of course it would be a friendly date. why did he hope for more? it wasn't like he even liked the younger like that.

mingyu then chuckled, "im just messing around with you. i mean it, let's go on a date. a non-platonic one."

"jeon wonwoo, let's go on a date."