19

currently, chan was at a café alongside minghao and jihoon. the young male had finished his classes early and decided to tag along with his hyungs.

the café they were in was the place that wonwoo and junhui worked as part-timers at. minghao came right after his morning class ended because he wanted to see how his boyfriend was holding up working as a barista.

on the other hand, jihoon only came to campus because he had an assignment to turn in. right after he had submitted it to his professor, he was left with nothing to do and decided to follow minghao to the café.

and that was how they ended up together.

the three took a seat and junhui came over soon after to take their orders. the male was quite delighted to see minghao and his friends coming over to see him.

"hi baby, hoon, chan. what would you like to get?" jun asked, a huge smile plastered on his face.

"wow– im not really used to seeing you like this, hui." jihoon said, applauding jokingly as he teased the said male.

the latter chuckled and nodded, "trust me, im not very used to seeing myself like this either. but you gotta do what you gotta do."

jihoon let out a small smile, "i have to say, i'm quite jealous of your relationship. invite me to your wedding, alright?" he joked, chuckling.

to which junhui nodded to, "sure will" he said. hearing this, a small blush dusted minghao's face as he pushed jun away in embarrassment.

after a bit more talking, junhui took his friends' orders and the male went back to the kitchen to start preparing the ordered drinks.

as they waited, chan fidgeted with his hands as he contemplated whether or not he should ask for advice from his hyungs. in the end, he collected all of his courage and said what he wanted to say.

"h-hey hyung? i actually have a question.." chan spoke up, gaining the attention of the older males.

"sure, what's up chan?" minghao asked.

chan took a deep breath and asked, "how do you know you were attracted to boys?"

after hearing those words, both minghao and jihoon stayed quiet for a bit and stared at chan with a stoic expression, not quite sure of what to say.

snapping back to reality, minghao coughed awkwardly and spoke up, "you just do.. anyways– what's with the sudden curiosity?" he asked, rubbing his neck as he took glances at jihoon, silently begging for help.

"i'm just quite confused about my sexuality.. im sorry if the question was unexpected, i just really want to figure myself out." he explained, frowning.

as if on cue, junhui came back to the table with their drinks. sensing the tense atmosphere, he quickly spoke up and tried to lighten the mood.

"hey! your drinks are here. still a rookie, sorry if that took a while." he said, smiling sheepishly.

"it's cool" jihoon replied quietly.

right before junhui was just about to leave and ignore the awkward mess, he spotted chan's small frown. he wasn't good when it came to giving advice, but he knew that he should at least try to help the younger.

he sat next to chan and gave the male a small smile. "you alright buddy?" he asked, worry laced in his tone.

chan nodded slowly, "i'm fine. just a bit confused.."

"about your sexuality?"

"yeah" chan sulked.

jun ruffled the younger's hair and smiled, "dont worry, i completely get you. i was once like you."

"really?" chan asked, eyes wide and filled with hope. the younger's face lit up as he heard those words.

junhui chuckled, "yeah. i used to question myself a lot too, just like you. up until middle school, i thought i was straight. but then i started getting attracted to boys too, and so i thought i was bisexual. but then i met minghao and turned into haosexual." he joked, earning jihoon's laughter and minghao's punch.

after the laughter died down, jun took off his apron and sat beside his boyfriend as he drank his milkshake.

should i ask them for their opinions? chan thought.

chan knew he had been asking too many questions to his friends, but he really needed their opinions on this. he knew that he was annoying them with all of his questions, hell– he was more than sure that if it wasn't for the fact that he was the youngest one in their group, the others would have told him off. but it's been bothering him for a while and he just had to get it off of his chest.

"hyung.." chan called out.

the playful banter occuring between the china line and jihoon stopped and the three turned their attention to the youngest.

"is it bad that i think i'm catching feelings for coups hyung?"